Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject *GLP's PTB and unwaivering supporters.*
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Yesterday's events gave me some insight into this game we're all playing, and raised some valid questions...

normally, I wouldnt bother asking- not because I'm afraid of being banned but- because it was a non issue with me.

I have been a forum junkie for a few years now and have visited many...

The reason I ever found glp, was because I used to call a 'hippy' forum home, but after becoming aware of the inner workings of a supposedly free speech site I was forced to reconsider my own forum needs.
A mass banning and a removal of one of the most active parts of the forum caused an outburst- much like the one we all saw yesterday.
When the webmaster of this site was asked why things had played out as they did, many more were met with the ban hammer and the remaining were "informed" by said webmaster that questioning his authority would result in a permaban...imagine this, on a free speech "hippy" website!! so much for tree hugging rainbow humping one love right?!

at this time that it all went down, i'm ashamed to admit that only then did I realize that most people who run forums are really only in it for the money, but also for the sense of control it gives them...which is fine, we all have our crosses to bear.

So, I found my way here....which was awesome! this place embodied everything my new tastes for a forum were craving.
shortly after my arrival I slowly started becoming aware of this place's innerworkings.
I spent a lot of time doing back research and trying to figure out the forest from the trees....i've heard both sides of it, and have always been one who believes "theres 2 sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth". With that in mind, I equipped myself with some larger grains of salt and made the decision to continue on here....carefully, and cautiously.

I can understand why a few things aren't allowed here, they can quickly spiral out of hand and attract a less than desireable crowd...I understand that certain phrases have warn out their welcome and have just become redundant...

what I dont understand is why other- certain behaviours and phrases are still tolerated and seemingly enforced by this sites PTB. I have seen these powers respsond with utter hate toward some clearly innocent/curious posters...I have seen these powers spew some of the most vulgar and negative hateful shit you can imagine, in otherwise peaceful discussions.

I also don't understand why it has become a crime to inquire why certain things transpired as they did, such as bannings or removal of threads. In a place that is supposedly searching and fighting for truth, it is both bizzare and ironic that certain questions are met with extreme prejudice/ judgement and 9 times out of 10 - the old ban hammer.

Its even more difficult to understand why certain people who are guilty of breaking the rules they are supposed to enforce are continually allowed to do so without reprecussions....or why there isnt even a clear list of rules for all to abide by. It appears that mods often create and enforce their rules on a whim when its convenient for them to do so, but when someone complains about it they are basically told to stfu or gtfo...

yes, we understand that losing a few of us has no bearing on your yearly gross income....but is that what its really about? is that what this forum was born out of? dollar bills?

its clear that there are many willing to be led blindly and not question what is, but are those the ones you truly want on your side?
are those the ones who would valiantly fight for you and the truth? I watched the influx of glp'rs to a few other forums yesterday, lurking as I do best- laughing at how quick they were to throw both trinity and glp under the bus only to return back here singing praises and kissing ass.....
I sure as fuck know that those arent the kind I would want on my side when tshtf. I would much rather have solid people, who arent afraid to ask questions knowing they could be outed forever, but still willing to take the risk...I would much rather have people on my side that are willing to put up a damn good fight for what they believe is truth.
We have to realize that one's worth having on our side require a bit higher maintenance, but isnt it worth it?

isnt it worth showing the true warriors the respect that they deserve and due appreciation for their loyalty? in my experience, once you lose the ones actually worth having on your side(those who truly share your vision) you greatly increase the size of the battle in your opposition. Why not just do the little extra it takes to preserve those relations and save yourself a lot of pain in the ass later?

I totally expect that this will be shit on, maybe deleted, and most likely mocked- because that's basically what's become of the desire for truth here.

I'm but one person , who doesnt financially support the site, nor do I really have much to contribute at the best of times....but I do carry a big stick that I'm not afraid to use when need be....I'd rather have me and people like me on my side than people who are trying to find ways behind my back to kick me when im down but still smile to my face.

That is all.tomato
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP