Users Online Now: 2,084 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,754,339
Pageviews Today: 2,578,649Threads Today: 700Posts Today: 14,597
09:01 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject WTF??? Is the earth really spinning or not?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So I am talking to this guy and he says the earth isn't moving. The thing that bothers me is that his info well presented and seemingly well thought out.

A couple of things he says has me wondering:

1> If the earth is rotating at approx. 1,000mph at the equator, hence the 24 hour day, then why does it take same amount of time to fly from Washington D.C. to L.A. as it does to fly from L.A. to Washington D.C.? The flight from D.C. to L.A. should shorter due to the surface rotating beneath a plane cruising at 50,000ft.

2> If one leaves Buffalo, NY on a flight to Miami, why does the Pilot not have to head a course into the Atlantic? Miami would have moved east at least 2,000 miles due to the earth's rotation if 2 hours had elapsed.

3> Why would 30mph winds make clouds appear to move east if the earth is rotating toward the east so quickly? Would not the clouds have to be traveling 30mph faster than the rotation of the earth?

4> On a windless day a cloud can seemingly stay in one spot for a longtime. If we're are rotating this fast wouldn't all the clouds seem to move rapidly (always to the west)? Same goes for Chemtrails.

3> Schools mention and teach Copernicus' theory of heliocentricity, but make no mention of Tycho Brahe's theory of geocentricity, yet Tycho was by far the more brilliant and accomplished astronomer?

5> To revolve around the Sun once a year on 93 million mile radius, the earth would have to be traveling at 67,000mph while simultaneously spinning around at 1,000mph? 67,000mph is like 30 times faster than a rifle bullet.

Now I am not a physicist, nor am I an idiot. I have never really taken the time to question what I was taught concerning the rotation and revolution of the earth. Yet, as I consider this, I can help but wonder have we been deceived about this as well.

Also, have any you ever looked into geosynchronous satellite orbit? It is hard to believe that with the documented fluctuations of the poles and rotational speed of the earth that these satellites are able to stay synchronized 100% of the time.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP