Users Online Now: 1,747 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 329,860
Pageviews Today: 520,664Threads Today: 169Posts Today: 2,567
06:34 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Infected deer meat to be fed to Illinois people by Northern Illinois Food Bank
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message If you question this, check my source: Naperville Sun newspaper 2/11/2011

CWD is a disease that rots the brain.[/i]

Just reading the today’s Naperville Sun newspaper about the over population of deer in Will county. Some 32 of the IL deer since July 1st have tested positive for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD). Even though the meat is infected, the state of IL is sending the deer to an Earlville meat processor to be sent to the Northern Illinois Food Bank and given to people for consumption. I have to think this is criminal that our government is knowingly feeding infected meat to the people. I don’t know if the recipients are being notified of the potential risks.

There have been cases where this disease was acquired by humans in Great Briton from eating the meat from infected cows. This disease can take 10 years to materialize. Just for perspective, when I donate blood one of the disqualifiers for donating blood is having consumed meat in England during a specific time frame when they had their outbreak. This is a serious disease and also believed to be passed from mother to child in pregnancy.

If you know of anyone who gets their meat from the food bank, let them know.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP