Users Online Now: 2,197 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,021,775
Pageviews Today: 2,033,631Threads Today: 868Posts Today: 18,040
10:23 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ** ANYONE EXPERIENCING INCREASED INTERFERENCE WITH WIFI OR CELL SIGNALS? **
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Anybody else experiencing an increase in interference with WiFi, cell phone, or other wireless communication devices?

I have resolved myself to the fact that I get degraded performance from WiFi on the weekends when my neighbors are home and using their WiFi APs -- despite the fact that none of them appear to be sharing channel numbers with me. It's generally not too bad, and I can live with it. However, I am now experiencing problems outside my local home environment.

My cell phone became almost unusable, so I contacted AT&T tech support and they sent me a new SIM card. The new SIM card seemed to help a bit, but I was still having problems, so I installed the new SIM in a different phone and continued to experience the same problems. Garbled 'underwater' sound from whomever I was talking to, but they could hear me OK most (80%) of the time. Two different phones, two different SIM cards, and I experienced the problem in multiple locations -- miles apart from each other, in the Houston TX suburbs where cell phones have worked fine for years. I've also experienced similar issues with my wife's Verizon phone.

The past 4 to 6 weeks have been horrible, and the problems are getting worse -- especially in the past 2 weeks. I have several netbooks and a Playstation in my home which access the network via WiFi. For the past two weeks, these pieces of equipment have been dropping their WiFi connections entirely, requiring manual intervention to re-establish connection.

I have 2 Bluetooth keyboards which are also randomly losing connections with the USB dongles on the PCs.

Additionally, I have a friend using Clear's 4G broadband Internet service. He has two modems, a full-sized modem which connects to the PC via ethernet cable, and a dongle modem which plugs directly into the USB port on his laptop. Both of his modems have been dropping back to an almost unusable bitrate. He was getting 2Mbps download speeds a couple of weeks ago, but now he's getting 400k down and around 80k up. He lives over 10 miles from me, and has also experienced degraded performance in multiple locations.

Solar activity causing all this? Cosmic radiation? Seismic activity? Related to all the bird problems? Any other ideas?

These problems I have been experiencing are not negligible. They are very anomalous, and seem to be getting worse.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP