Users Online Now: 1,820 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 530,933
Pageviews Today: 821,582Threads Today: 323Posts Today: 4,310
09:13 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I HAVE A NEIGHBOR THAT HAS BEEN STEALING MY NEWSPAPER. HOW SHOULD I HANDLE IT?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Here's the story in a nutshell.

I'm 24 years old. There's a man who lives down the street from me and I'd guess he's in his 50's.

When I first got my driver's license 8 yrs ago I had an altercation with him. He walks his dog on my street and I passed by him going to my house and he felt like I was speeding. When I pulled in my driveway he followed me and came on to my property and walked down my driveway to where I was parked.

He started yelling at me about speeding and told me he would report me to the police in the future. I more or less told him to go ahead and he left.

Ever since then, whenever I drive passed him while he's walking his dog, he stares me down with what I would describe as "crazy eyes." He stares me down the whole time I am driving up to him and when I pass him he'll stop and turn around in the street and continue to stare me down as I'm driving off.

And this happens EVERY time we pass each other.

Recently, when I was heading to class one morning his wife is out walking. As I'm approaching her she looks at me very menacingly and throws her hands on her hips and stomps her foot in the street and yells "YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN!!!!" when I pass by her. The speed limit in the neighborhood is 25 and I looked at my speedometer when she started yelling at I was doing about 28.

The other day my mother was out in the front yard doing some yard work and the man was out walking his dog and he stared her down the same way he does me.

Now I'm a little pissed.

But that's all just background.

There have been numerous times that my sunday paper has gone missing. We have checked with the delivery service and it was indeed delivered so obviously someone is stealing it.

The man walks his dog in the early mornings and always passes by our house. The paper is left at the end of the driveway. He is the only possible person who I would suspect of stealing it.

So my question to you all is what is the best way to go about handling it?

Here's my solution:

I will be up when the paper is delivered and covertly monitor my driveway from inside the house.

I will record in my digital cam when he walks by and will have video of him committing the theft.

Next I will call 911 on my cell and follow him to his house in my vehicle. I will inform the dispatcher that a neighbor had just burglarized my property and I'm sitting in front of his house and about to go and confront him.

I'm pretty sure that will result in multiple police units be dispatched quickly to the location. I'll show the cops the video and press charges.

Since the news paper is only about $2.00 it will only be a petty larceny.

Since he came onto my property illegally and stole an item from my property can there be any additional charges such as criminal tresspass or burglary?

Any thoughts, opinions, or insight as to how I handle this would be greatly appreciated.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP