Users Online Now: 995 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 268,469
Pageviews Today: 410,238Threads Today: 163Posts Today: 2,164
04:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Montana: I90 fires could shutdown power to Western areas - Heads up Portland and Seattle
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sorry if already posted, but here is the latest on the wildfires in Montana, some of which are threatening to shutdown the BPA transmission lines near Alberton. These many human-caused fires along the I90 corridor are blazing away, along with others all over Montana and other western states.

I weep for the West.

[link to www.kpax.com]

Tarkio Wildfire Kicking Up
August 10, 2005

The Tarkio wildfire burning west of Missoula along the Interstate 90 corridor is kicking up
and firefighters may not be able to keep up with it.
Fire boss Bob Sandman told Alberton area residents last night that an active firefight is
going on and he wonīt even guess how large the fire might become.
The incident commander on the I-90 fires says the latest breakout by the Tarkio fire was
caused by wind yesterday afternoon and the fire could outrun efforts to stop it.
The Tarkio fire and the West Mountain fire northwest of Alberton both potentially threaten a
major Bonneville Power Administration transmission line that supplies electricity to the
Pacific Northwest. Combined, the fires total about 4300 acres and are considered the nationīs
Number two priority, behind a wildfire burning in Washington state.
Officials said about 850 people are on the lines. Sandman says the Tarkio fire jumped fire
lines dozed in front of it yesterday as if they werenīt even there.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP