Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sterling Silver is 92.5% Silver
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message On yesterday's pinned silver thread, I read some comments about silver flatware having low silver content because it was plated. Although some flatware is plated, if it is stamped STERLING, it is 92.5% silver.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

The reason I post this is two-fold.

Number one: you can buy sterling silver flatware on eBay for a little over spot.

Number two: If there is government confiscation of PMs, it would be prudent to have some of your silver in sterling flatware as this may not be confiscated; same for numismatic coins but you pay a significant premium for rarity.

I don't think the government will confiscate, but tax instead; hence the 1099 for transactions over $600 hidden in Bambi-Care.

Afterthought: I wonder, does the government plan for silver will go to $600/oz?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP