Users Online Now: 1,573 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 271,475
Pageviews Today: 443,180Threads Today: 142Posts Today: 2,536
06:23 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Christopher Columbus A GLP'er? Believed Catholic Church Would Be Last Government - Knights Of Columbus
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So, a friend of mine is a member of the "Knights of Columbus". He says it's a fraternal organization with a few secret practices, however most of it is out in the open. He said there are ceremonies where they do the whole druid robes and incantations and such but they're mostly trying to act as Columbus would have acted, believing him not to be a saint, but someone who did outstanding things.

So, I got to thinking...why wasn't America founded as a Catholic nation? Afterall, Columbus was from Italy and he hailed from a Catholic kingdom. He wrote a book late in life called "The Book of Prophecies" where he uses his own exploits as an explorer to show that he was fulfilling certain biblical prophecies. He also made predictions himself about the coming events of earth.

But, again...why wasn't America founded by Catholics? If the catholic church gets into their "This belongs to us..." type of mentality, we may see them trying to stake claim to America. This really is NOT that far fetched of an idea.

Columbus was naturally a suspicious person and apparently had quite a few beliefs that weren't considered mainstream, especially during the end of his life. In fact, he was even believed to have gone mad by those who knew him. That's when I KNEW HE MUST BE A GLP'er! 1rof1

One of the things that really struck me was his belief that:

"A Last World Emperor must be chosen - Columbus had chosen, at least in his mind, that the Catholic Monarchs, Ferdinand and Isabella, would fulfill this position due to the vast imperial power and religious conviction the Spanish monarchs claimed. A last world emperor would be necessary to lead the aforementioned crusade against the Muslims and to greet Christ at Jerusalem once the previous steps had been completed."

The Book of Prophecies - Written by Columbus:

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

The Knights of Columbus have a lot of fingers in society. They seem to be working mostly on serving others BUT, they seem to be more masculine than some of the other orders I've looked at before. Strictly male membership, use of skull and crossbones, druid type ceremonies and traditional catholic beliefs. However, I did learn from my friend that like most people claiming to be catholic, a majority of his fellow Knights do not attend church regularly or practice confession on a regular basis.

Knights of Columbus Website:

[link to www.kofc.org]

Christopher Columbus has often been credited with discovering America, but as science and history examinations contiune, the story is starting to change. Apparently, he more accurately brought America to the limelight and showed the unknowing world that another continent existed! So...he was also a GLP'er in the aspect that he was presenting new knowledge and new discoveries.

Christopher Columbus:

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP