Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Large lighted balloons and kites flying over Bakersfield at night
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Two nights ago I was on my way home from work when I saw a UFO. I stopped my truck in East Bakersfield and watched as a balloon with a big bright light flew over. It was headed northeast. I took some pics but they just show an indistinct light in the sky.

What I saw was a very bright light hanging and rocking from the bottom of a balloon or bag, moving slowly in a straight line northwest. It flew right over, I got a pretty good look. It looked like a toy or a prank, but I was surprised as it continued into the distance and disappeared into the clouds! It must have been huge, it was much higher than I imagined. it made zero noise, I turned the truck off and listened.

It was 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 21st PDT. I called the police, they said no one else reported it.

I was telling some guys at work and one mentioned maybe they are measuring radiation levels in Bakersfield using balloons. This actually rang a bell with me!

So I came home and googled Bakersfied UFO and found out a large lighted kite was sighted over the town on March 18th. Unlike my balloon, hundreds of people saw the kite last Friday night. And they reported it. A sheriff looked at it through night vision and said it was a kite. Thing is, it was visible all over town and lit brightly. It must have been huge too.

Anyway a little unnerving to think of these gigantic lighted toys flying around overhead in the middle of the night! My buddy guessed they must have to light them to track them, and I was thinking to keep airplanes and helicopters from hitting them too.

Here's the link to the kite from last Friday:

[link to www.bakersfieldnow.com]

I guess no one else saw the balloon. Oh, well, I know I saw it, and it was really pretty neat! I'm wondering if it was the same or similar thing as the kite and we just saw it different.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP