Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The funny thing about religion
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Is that none of us have the power to say what is real what is not.

Someone please show me CONCRETE evidence that your religion is the real religion.

Don't show me faith, show me proof. Something I can see. Something everyone can see, that isn't just a theory.

Don't tell me that what is happening in Japan is God's way of waking up the non believers like some crazy super religious girl did. Because there is no proof. Just a theory, just her BELIEFS.

Show me then I will believe.

Until then, all these religions are to me, are a belief system designed for the people, invented by the government and church/masque/whatever congregations involved to keep their citizens in line by telling them what is right and what is wrong and if they follow on a good path they'll have an afterlife to die for.

Because really, look at the ten commandments.
You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. Etc.

The ten commandments alone are ten ways to mold a decent person. To keep from crimes and stupidity.

Take another look at the bible itself. Before it was put on paper, all the stories were verbal. Any one hear of the telephone game? A simple word or phrase gets messed up down the line. Imagine all these stories... which were probably changed in some way to make them sound better, sound more enlightening.

So show me some proof, and I'll believe. Until then... I'm not atheist, I just don't feel I have the power to say what is real and what is not. If it's all science. Sweet awesome that's cool. If it's God.. sweet sorry for my sins. If it's Buddah, then alright I can adjust. Maybe it's the Aristotle in me, but I don't see how people can believe in something that isn't concrete.

This wasn't supposed to go to general discussion goaway
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP