Users Online Now: 1,757 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 504,845
Pageviews Today: 832,102Threads Today: 287Posts Today: 5,362
09:55 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Handy List of USA, Japan, (and others) Radiation monitoring sites.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I wanted to put together a handy list of internet sites which claim to be monitoring radiation levels in the US.

I know that many of us do not really trust the government readings, but at least we can see some of the information to try and make informed choices.

Also, we can monitor our own area without waiting to a news agency to pick up a high level of something. We can also specifically monitor our individual States for levels in air, precipitation, and milk.

The following is what I came up with. Please feel free to post any additions. People cannot make informed decisions without accurate information.

This is an interactive map from the EPA showing the beta gross count rate which measures the radiation from all radionuclides that emit beta particles:

[link to www.epa.gov]

So far the levels seem to be stable or dropping off a bit. but there seem to be some exceptions to that rule. For instance the beta gross count, seems to be a slight up tick in San Bernardino Cali. [link to www.epa.gov]

Also Riverside Cali: [link to www.epa.gov]

There are also things that I cannot explain, where things seem to be elevated BEFORE March 11, so these would not be the Japan quake.

For Example:
Pierre SD:
[link to www.epa.gov]

Rapid City SD:
[link to www.epa.gov]

This site also gives the EPA State by State analysis of air filters, precipitation, milk, and drinking water levels of: I 131, I 132, I 133 and Cesium 134, 136, 137, Cobalt 60 Te 129, 132 (scroll to the right)

[link to www.epa.gov]

Here is an interesting graph of the radioactive monitoring from the University of Washington Physics department:It shows levels of cesium as well, which has a half life of around 30 years.

[link to www.npl.washington.edu]

Here is from "Air Monitoring at UNLV" (University of Las Vegas)

[link to www.ansatunlv.com]

Here is the EPA site (FWIW anyway)

[link to www.epa.gov]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP