Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Daily Bible Study for 4-7-2011
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Today's verses are Deuteronomy 22:17-21

These are some of my favorite verses with which we will honor our first Bible Study.

22:17 And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
22:18 And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;
22:19 And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
22:20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

Now this essentially meant that if a man get's married and decides that he doesn't like his wife, he can claim she wasn't a virgin and if the father can't produce evidence that she was a virgin, then she shall be stoned in front of the same's house. Given that stoning was a particularly brutal way to die, I think this was a particularly impressive way to vanquish evil. Don't you think so? I think so.

Now this brings up some major questions, such as what the fuck this verse is talking about:

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. (1 John 4:18)

What pennywise
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP