Users Online Now: 1,951 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 44,638
Pageviews Today: 83,472Threads Today: 39Posts Today: 596
12:46 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Weird Fossil??.. Aboriginal artifact??... Alien egg??... PHOTOS... pls help me work out what this is...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi all,
About 10 years ago when my poppy was digging up his driveway in suburban Sydney his shovel hit something hard in the dirt.. he thought it was a rock but out of the dirt came this weird round object.. he didnt want it.. and I was an interested kid, so Ive kept it ever since..

Im now 25 and Ive been wondering what this thing is for years.
Friends have speculated its a fossil.. dinosaur egg.. aboriginal artifact..
Honestly I have no idea...

All i know is that it must have been there a long time... at least 70 years since the house was built? When poppy's shovel hit it hard.. digging up the dirt and rocks.. it didnt break or even crack it... its MEGA solid.
it looks like clay..? but the texture is different, and unlike clay, you cant scratch a single flake off it.. its rock solid.. even with a knife.. scraping it.. it doesnt make a dint.. weird, i told ya..
The markings.. they look like fossils.. like worms?
Its also.. HOLLOW.. and as you can see from the pics.. theres 1 tiny hole.. like a rectangle shape in the top.. when you shake it, you can hear something inside.. like sand.. and if you tip it upside down a little sandy stuff comes out.. but i havent wanted to make it all come out.. i want to keep it as it is.

Its quite heavy.. but not majorly.. cant weigh it atm tho..

Anyone have any ideas as to what this is??

Thanks in advance.

If someone can embed the pics, Id be most appreciative.. wouldnt let me upload them on GLP's site.

[link to www.flickr.com]

[link to www.flickr.com]

[link to www.flickr.com]

[link to www.flickr.com]

[link to www.flickr.com]

[link to www.flickr.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>