Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I Live In The City of the Future. Welcome To Pre Armageddon
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I live in Flint MI. now renamed by the public "Murdertown, U.S.A" or "Little Baghdad"
It is a war zone here
*Population: 102,000
*Police on duty at any given time: 6
*The police station is only open from 2pm-5-pm, closed holidays, weekends and evenings.
*It takes police anywhere from 8hrs to 4 days to respond to your 911 call... and your lucky to get a response at all.
*The murder rate here is worse than those in Newark and St. Louis and New Orleans. It’s even worse than Baghdad’s.
*Flint is so broke that the city can not even afford simple basic safety.
*If you live here you need to be in post Armageddon survival mode at all times, or fall prey to the statistics that will be posted for the 2011 year.

It is so bad, that a reporter for the New York Times came here to do a report on the situation in Flint
Here is what he wrote about his experience.
From the article:
A sign taped to the entrance of police headquarters says it all: “Closed weekends and holidays.” Every weekday, the doors are locked at dusk.

It’s not that the cops here are scared; it’s just that they’re outmanned, outgunned and flat broke.

After the door is unlocked and I enter police headquarters, it is easy to see why. There are only six patrolmen on duty for a Saturday night. So broke is Flint that the city laid off two-thirds of its police force in the last three years. The front desk looks like a dusty museum piece.

We leave headquarters and head out into the night. Howe turns up the heat in his Chevy cruiser and switches on the computer.

“That’s something,” I say hopefully. “Some squad cars in Detroit don’t even have computers.”

“Hold on a sec,” he says. “Let it warm up.”

When it does, I see that there are more than 12 runs stacked up, including a kidnapping call that is more than six hours old. A home-invader call is two hours old. A “man with a gun” call is 90-minutes old.

“Sometimes, we don’t get to a call for two days,” he says. Last fall, an elderly couple called after being held up at gunpoint in their driveway. The police arrived on the scene five hours later.

READ FULL STORY HERE: [link to www.nytimes.com]

Here is a running list of current crimes:
[link to topics.mlive.com]

a collapsing economy, highest unemployment of all time, all time high home foreclosures, people here are left in depression and desperation on how to survive. This has thrown this city into a state of chaos and survival.

Coming to your town soon.. courtesy of the American Government
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP