Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Silver Backwardation: Why Silver is Headed Higher
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am learning more about the markets than I ever thought I'd care to :)

---

James Turk - Silver Still in Backwardation, Headed Higher

[link to kingworldnews.com]

When asked about silver Turk remarked, “The important point Eric is that silver is still in backwardation. I mentioned to you previously in the KWN blog piece on April 1st of this year that if silver remained in backwardation when we neared the $50 area it would be a truly extraordinary event. Here we are with silver touching $49 in Asian trading this morning, yet it remains in a 63 cent backwardation from spot to December 2015.

I can’t stress enough how significant that event is. Over the past three months the price of silver has nearly doubled, yet the backwardation has not disappeared. Markets are not designed to work that way, the higher price is supposed to entice people to sell their physical and hold dollars instead. I think the market is quite clearly sending the signal that people would rather hold silver instead of paper money.

The bottom line is that as long as silver remains in backwardation, price declines will be short-lived, it’s also telling us that silver has not yet reached a top on this move.

More at above link.

-----------

Why Silver Backwardation Matters

[...]
Backwardation in silver is a Big DealTM, as it's been over 10 years since we last saw near-term futures contracts trading higher than ones further out in the curve. In fact, not since Warren Buffett snatched up 130 million ounces back in 1997 have we seen the metal go backwardated. Even then, the condition was short-lived.

This time, however, backwardation may prove to be more persistent. (This article is from February; silver still in backwardation.)

More: [link to seekingalpha.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP