Users Online Now: 1,442 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 158,885
Pageviews Today: 268,103Threads Today: 102Posts Today: 1,853
02:45 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Got a job offer. I already feel like a corporate slave.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have been unemployed for almost a year, and I finally got offered a job in my field (I graduated college in '09). I just hate the whole process: drug tests, background checks, rules, regulations. I haven't even started my first day and I am already being ordered around. On Friday i take the 'physical' where they tell me i can't eat or drink anything the night before or that morning. Why is it their business what i put in MY body as long as i can still do a good job?

I know i should be grateful to get a job, but I just feel like someone else owns me now. Why does it have to be like this? Who set up this crazy system where corporations rule everything and the only way to survive is to trade almost every waking moment of your life to serve the corporate overlords? Why does everything in the world have to be based on fear? Why can't we do work that fulfills our own lives and brings happiness to others instead of being treated like you are just a cog in a machine?

Even during the interview, I felt like I wasn't treated as an equal, but as some subservient little minion that has to grovel for a handout. I guess I should just abandon my childish notions of the way the world works and just put my nose to the grindstone like everyone else. We all keep running around at breakneck pace, ripping minerals from the earth, driving gas guzzling machines, competing for material goods, and perpetuating a grotesque system that is hostile to all life on the planet.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP