Users Online Now: 1,535 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 123,677
Pageviews Today: 239,654Threads Today: 126Posts Today: 1,859
02:40 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Tornado Outbreak Today....Be prepared...80 percent chance for sc Kansas and nc Oklahoma...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message UPDATED TUESDAY MAY 24TH

Vote to PIN...shit is going to hit the fan...

Folks if you live in red shaded areas on this map be prepared…Have your safe place stocked up with water, medical kit, snacks, important paperwork and jewelry…along with pet cages and other sentimental things like family albums ect. Last night was just the start of this outbreak. For the next three days you should be watching the weather in your area…Tornado Alley hasn`t fired up hardly at all this year, but the time is upon us now…The main thing is be prepared…By the looks of things tuesday will be the worst day for people in Oklahoma and Kansas…
[link to beta.weather.com]
TOR:CON forecast: The numbers by the states are actually the percentage..example 4 = 40 percent chance. To learn more about the TOR:CON index click this link.

Severe Weather Overview

The surface low, cold front, and upper disturbance that brought killer tornadoes to Joplin MO and Minneapolis MN on Sunday continues east Tuesday, while a new upper disturbance and surface low bring a tornado outbreak to the central US through Wednesday.

Forecast for Tuesday, May 24

AR north - 4 to 5
CT - 2 to 3
DE - 2 to 3
IA southwest - 2 to 3
IL central - 4
IL south - 3
IN central - 3 to 4
IN south - 3
KS south-central - 8
KS west - 2 to 3
KS north-central - 4 to 5
KS southeast - 6
KS northeast - 4 to 5
KY - 2 to 3
MA - 2 to 3
MD - 2 to 3
MO - 5
NE south - 2 to 3
NJ - 2 to 3
NY south - 2 to 3
OH central and south - 2 to 3
OK north-central - 8
OK south-central - 6
OK northeast - 5 to 6
PA south and east - 2 to 3
RI - 2 to 3
TN - 2 to 3
TX north-central - 6
TX south-central - 4
VA - 2 to 3
WV - 2 to 3
other areas - less than 2

The weather channel just posted a special bulletin:

They are comparing today with the big breakouts earlier this year..

SPC "high risk" days in 2011

Apr. 16: "Carolina Outbreak" (69 tornadoes...32 in NC...13 in VA...26 killed)

Apr. 26: "Mid-South Outbreak" (56 tornadoes....1 killed in AR)

Apr. 27: "Southeast Outbreak" (232 tornadoes...315 killed)

It lays out all the ingredients that makes a serious outbreak for strong twisters..worth the read.
 Quoting: <<LOOK`n thru YOU>>

Most local news stations in the midwest also have links on their web pages that you can have them text you when severe weather is in the adjacent counties and moving towards you. These are very handy in hill country where visibility is limited. Be safe and be prepared..I know we all think this can never happen to us, but the fact is it can…I have experienced several tornados here in KS. I`ve seen everything from F5` to small f1`s...I`ve helped pick up the damage after they have moved through and it`s crazy what a little ol F2 twister can do...My father was a first responder to the Udall, Ks tornado years ago..The stories he has told me about that experience are frightening and still haunt him till today...Just be weather smart...

cheers
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP