Users Online Now: 2,082 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,524,376
Pageviews Today: 2,533,193Threads Today: 1,017Posts Today: 18,017
11:35 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How To Get Rid of Deer Flies!! This Really Works!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Because of all the deer flies this year due to a very wet spring, I thought I would repost this again. I really hate deer flies. You might look like an idiot using this method, but it really works. Deer flies appear to be attracted to the color bright Royal blue. Get a plastic Solo drinking cup that is bright Royal Blue in color. Coat the outside of the cup with something called Tanglefoot. Make sure the Tanglefoot is clear in color, not the brown kind. Walk (or drive around your property on a 4 wheeler or lawn mower)with the cup attatched to a pole or antenna, and the flies will attract themselves to the cup and get stuck. Hundreds of them will come. Why? Nobody knows. The deer flies will be completely wiped out for around two weeks. Here is a link to the study.

[link to news.ufl.edu]

PS: Due to the above observations, don't wear clothing that is Royal blue or buy a car that is Royal blue or deer flies will be attracted to you by the hundreds!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP