Users Online Now: 2,197 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 617,185
Pageviews Today: 998,788Threads Today: 404Posts Today: 6,639
10:29 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject UFO Over Virginia - May 29, 2011 - Confirmed Not A Planet, Star or Satellite
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message

"This object was filmed over Fairfax, VA from ~ 6 - 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 29, 2011. It was visible from starting at approximately 6:30 p.m. and abruptly faded from sight at 8:43 exactly. It was seen for two evenings in a row. I constantly sky-gaze in this direction, watching flight and weather patterns, and I did not notice anything like this in the days or evenings beforehand.

It was originally seen in the North East sky and moved to the South East sky, where it started glowing blue and faded away at 8:45 p.m.

It is not Venus, as Venus, though visible during daylight this month, appears early morning. It is also not the ISS or Endeavor, as they were docked together, and were only visible that day over Asia.

It is also not Saturn. Although Saturn was visible during sunset this month, the light pollution and air pollution of this area at the time would have made it impossible to see at that time.

It also appeared much earlier than Saturn, and faded from view much earlier than Saturn, which should have been visible until near sunset. The direction it was first spotted, which was North East, does not fit the orbital location of Saturn at the time, which would put Saturn in the South Eastern sky.

The object also had a slightly erratic flight path, unlike that of a planet or star.

It is also oval shaped and bears a shadow on its bottom. If it WAS Saturn, or any planet, it's shadow would not be located there, considering the sun was hanging low in the sky, although not yet at horizon level.

My sources are Stellarium, Astronomy.com's StarDome and Google Earth which I used for exact directions, altitudes, and orbital information.

It is also not Arcturus, which glows yellow - orange in daylight and at night.

According to Stellarium, with an ocean landscape to simulate sea level (Fairfax is 312 above Sea level) and being set to Perspective mode and Equal Area mode, Arcturus would have only been directly North East at 4 p.m. Not only would I not be able to see it with this much daylight, it would be below our roof, right under the horizon, effectively out of sight completely. Even at 6 p.m. Arcturus would be directly East. At 6 p.m. the Object was North East. Saturn would be even farther to the right, and lower.

This video is not edited. I didn't know how to use the camera at first, so I didn't know I was recording in the beginning plus I felt that editing it would decrease credibility, so I left it unedited. And please excuse my language. My brother was being very annoying.

What I find very strange is that usually when a planet or bright star is observable during the daytime, they are usually mistaken for a UFO, and the reports pour in on MUFON and elsewhere. This is not the case."
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP