Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Police questioned me after an email to my congressman
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Just minutes ago, the police left my house. They were "investigating" an email that I sent to my congressman. To give some context, I was reading an article here on GLP about police shooting up a neighorhood in NJ to kill a neighborhood dog : Thread: Police Fire Off 33 Rounds to Kill Dog, Bullets Hit Houses and Cars
My post is on page 2

I was frustrated and sent this email to my congressman (as I've done many times):

Good afternoon Congressman Mulvaney,

It has come to my attention that this nation needs a big change concerning law enforcement. It's not only cases such as the one in NJ recently about officers firing 33 rounds into homes and cars to kill a neighborhood dog, but personal cases of my own that I've actually witnessed here in SC.
The fact that police can use this excessive force whenever they want is unacceptable. I'm personally looking to YOU to help us change this. Not just in SC, but across the nation.
I should NEVER be afraid to speak to, see, or be around a police officer, but I am. In fact, every one of my peers feels the same way. As a 22 year old fresh out of college, the burden to sustain this country is going to be on MY shoulders soon. I will NOT have the only entity that can legally deprive its citizens of their life, liberty, and property free to run amok in this manner. It's a power that should be SEVERELY limited, and I certainly hope that you would agree.
Mick Mulvaney, my blood will be on your hands if a police officer acts in this way in my neighborhood. I WILL take action against an oppressive power of this nature, and will likely die doing so. It's unfortunate that this is the nature of things these days and I certainly hope that you can help. Your job depends on it.

Thanks for your time,
-Cameron

A few moments ago, police knocked on my door to question me about it. I actually thought they were going to question me about an incident in the neighborhood recently, but to my surprise, mentioned my letter to Mick Mulvaney. They said that it sounded threatening and they were coming to just check on things...
One of the officers was actually a guy I went to highschool with, so I didn't make a scene or anything. I just thought that it was kind of strange that they'd be so on edge about this. I wonder if they investigate every irate citizen's emails to their congressmen...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP