Users Online Now: 1,760 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 605,663
Pageviews Today: 955,391Threads Today: 379Posts Today: 5,306
10:27 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Attendance - Stunned Announcers
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Internet debut of irrefutably genuine 32 year old footage! Even if it isn't much, it is GENUINE!

First let me tell you that as a Pittsburgher, this event has been stuck in the back of my mind for decades. As it stands right now, it shows unidentified flying objects. I have no clue if they are alien or manmade. So please don't give me a hard time. It is what it is. I just want your scrutiny and my closure on this. If nothing else, this video provides us with some really interesting UFO related commentary. And documented reactions to presumed UFO's on national TV. Video that has been obscured for over 3 decades! And quite interesting to see.

In 1979, I was told of a UFO being seen over 3 Rivers stadium. The man that told me was a neighborhood man that I chatted with sometimes. He told me to not tell a soul! And seemed very concerned that I kept my promise. But I was perplexed as to how a stadium UFO would be a secret. No one ever could provide any additional information. And I remained in the dark for over 30 years.

Recently, I came across a foggy mention of this on Mufon. But the date was nonspecific. And the specific details were wrong concerning location etc. I knew it happened right here in Pittsburgh. This made me set upon an exciting internet journey. This quest was a bit of nostalgia for me. Since I was a witness to the Pittsburgh UFO age in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. A brazenness of UFO's that is unheard of today.

My intensive research paid off. And I was able to find out more information now, than during the actual days following the game! One thing I learned, I had never even previously considered. It was nationally televised. (Duh... It was a football game.) Another was that Mufon possibly never got the footage that they wanted.

I have to admit that the search was a ton of fun! I felt like Indiana Jane searching for the holy grail of UFO's. lol First searching for information and then the long obscured and coveted video. Waiting for the video to arrive in the mail was almost too much. I felt like a child at xmas. To make matters worse, I had to search for and buy a second copy of the video. Since the first one was cut to death and of poor quality. And what interesting parts were mostly missing? Hmm... Anyways, I had to wait for the second person to get back from vacation before he could even send the uncut version. Groan…. Then wait yet another week for it to arrive. This was a very long process. And the anticipation was too much! Well, it arrived today while I was at work.

Although it is not the exciting footage I was expecting, it is still something.... It was my first attempt at converting video to .avi. And I am certain that the quality suffered as a result. Then, to make matter worse, I used a top quality program to cut and edit it. Windows Movie Maker... Insert sarcasm here... lol

For those without video, I couldn't describe it any better than this account I found online. Pretty accurate, but not perfect. But I must say this person has an excellent memory.

I was watching the game on TV in Santa Barbara CA. between the Pittsburg Stealers and Dallas Cowboys in October 1979 from Three Rivers Stadium Pittsburg PA. During a commercial break around the 2 minute warning while Chuck Conners was sales pitching a toy gun, the commercial was cut abruptly and the picture went back to the stadium. The screen showed a metallic disk (10-30 ft.) spinning like a coin (1-2 rev per sec) on a table at height about equal to the top of the stadium. Pat Summerall's excited voice came on saying "We don't know what it is we are showing you...it just appeared in the sky". He repeated several time "I can't believe what I am seeing". Tom Brookshire ,the color man, said "Oh that...that's just an illusion". Summerall disagreed and said "Well if they land, they're gonna say "take me to your leader". The crowd got very quiet...you could hear a pin drop in the place. A penalty was called on a Dallas player because he failed to get into his stance ...was just looking up at the sky. Pittsburg was winning 14 to 3...they had the ball and were running out the clock. The game ended with the camera on the disk till the end. I never heard or read a word about in any media. I didn't want the game to end...I wanted to keep looking at the disk. I felt sad when the picture changed. I was attracted to it some strange way. It changed the way I look at life and the creedance I give our government and media.
[link to fierycelt.tripod.com]

So here you are. Highlights from the 10-28-79 Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers game. I divided it up into 2 sections. And I also included some slow motion views of each time the UFO’s appeared. There could be more, but I have a lot to look at for now. There was some indication that they saw it earlier than the end of the game by a comment made by an announcer.

The first clip is the sudden interruption of the toy gun commercial to show the UFO’s. Then some interesting commentary about the UFO's, by the football announcers. Listen closely to all non-football related discussions. There is also a false start by #68 from Dallas due to the UFO distraction. Followed by a quick shot of the 2 UFO's again.

The second clip is the UFO shown at the end of the game.

The third clip is the first time the UFO’s were shown after the commercial, but in slow motion.

The fourth clip shows the UFO’s in slow motion after the commentary.

And finally, the fifth clip shows the end of the game UFO in slow motion.

This took me a month to get together. Please appretiate my work!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP