Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Mary Magdalene, was the wife of Jesus, and was a 'prostitute.'
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Lets discuss and discern with maturity and historical texts and reasoning who Mary Magdalene was, what her occupation was, where her parents were, and who her brothers and sisters were, and if she in fact did marry and become the wife of Jesus

Possibly start with these facts from the History Book... called THE BOOK

Mary Magdalene was the sister of Martha and was a Prostitute ?

Mary, the sister of Martha was a prostitute, in my opinion. For while researching the location of Bethel, it was talking about the place of annointing, and all I could remember about Bethel is that it was the home of Lazarus, Mary and Martha.

And if you remeber your Bible, it seems that Jesus loved these three so much, and even stayed with them whenever the Lord passed by Bethel. But I never connected up Mary, as a prostitute. I was truly convinced Mary Magdalene had seven devils and was about to be stoned by the self-righteous mob, because she was a prostitute.... but Mary seemed like a nice church girl to me. I had a picture of her being so much different than Mary Magdalene, you know a quiet unassuming and rather naive girl with stars in her eyes when she listened to Jesus. She seemed so young and sheltered from life and love and hate. So do tell me I'm wrong, that she wasn't a PROSTITUE as don't the following verses absolutelty co-relate and say absolutely that Mary was a prostitute and had known the world and men and evil and considered herself the greatest sinner among all sinners.

Luk 7:37-38
And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that
Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with
tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and
anointed them with the ointment.

So who was this woman that sinned so much, and anointed the Lord's feet with her costly perfume as well as the very tears from her eyes in repentance....

John 11:1-2
Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary
and her sister Martha. It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment,
and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.
So the horrible sinner in the eyes of the pharisees and her own eyes, and from whom even the great sinner Peter drew back from ... was this great sinner named ..... Mary, the sister of Martha ... a well known Prostitute of Bethany And yet who was forgiven on that day of the Messiah's annointing with the tears from the prostitute's eyes .... MARY. For this was the way to SALVATION as the Lord went on to teach Peter..

Luk 7:39
Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it,
he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a
prophet, would have known who and what manner of
woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have
somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the
one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave
them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom
he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest
thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest
me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet
with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I
came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman
hath anointed my feet with ointment.
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are
forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is
forgiven, the same loveth little.
And he (Jesus) said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
For who among us hasn't sinned, NO ONE, So who among us has the potennial to love the most? .... those among us that realize we are sinners of sinners and who give all the praise and glory to our Deliverer and Messiah, the annointed one.... JESUS, the Christ.

Therefore shouldn't we follow Mary's example... and Kiss the Son in the Spirit (Psalm 1)

So did Jesus love the prostitutes, Yes. Was He their companion ... YES !! Does He love them more than others ... No His love to us depends only on how much we realize how great sinners we really are ... and how great He really IS. The love of the Bride for the Bridegroom

In My Opinion

David Jay Jordan

I WOULD ASK FOR THE SAKE OF THE DISCUSSION THAT NO ONE OFFERS A ONE SENTENCE DENIAL OR CONFIRMATION OPINION...NEITHER, FOR TO PROMOTE A DISCUSSION REASONING NEEDS EXPLANATIONS OF SOME KIND WHETHER POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.

Let this important discussion begins, because it will hit upon so many important principles to life and the life and truths of JESUS..

ATB

Dave
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP