Users Online Now: 1,797 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,056,378
Pageviews Today: 1,840,922Threads Today: 714Posts Today: 14,116
08:05 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 100s of OBJECTS around SUN in SECCHI AHEAD/BEHIND data being BLURRED since 7/20
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message since 7/20 it appears that hundreds of objects of different sizes and shapes have been hanging around the sun.

this post is to support these threads where you can find some of the pictures referenced herein:

Thread: Doom on asshats sun has a new companion
Thread: Object by the sun same as elenin photo this is huge

i don't think anyone here has noticed, but something happened with SECCHI imager data starting on 7/20.

the SECCHI imager data is provided by STEREO AHEAD and BEHIND.

if you go to:

[link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov]

look at the last 5 images for EUVI 171, 284, 304 in either AHEAD or BEHIND.

you will see that the data is from 7/19 and seems to have stopped. you will also notice that the pictures are crisp and clear.

now do a search for EUVI 195 (AHEAD or BEHIND) for the date range:

20110719 to 20110720

if you scroll down to where 7/20 starts, you will see that the data is very blurry compared to everything else up through 7/19.

it's obvious that there are only a couple of instruments they are showing data for and the ones they are showing data for is being blurred.

if you look at the [caption] link for the pics you will see they added an extra line to explain the loss of data (which is bogus).

this is the extra information added since 7/20:

This image was produced from the STEREO space weather beacon telemetry.
Because of the high amount of compression used for the space weather beacon,
the image quality is far lower than in the final science product.

so something happened on 7/20 and we are getting bad pictures to look at.

if you take the time to scroll through EUVI 195 data since 7/20, you will see 100s of different objects all around the sun.

someone was on GLP the other day talking about how his buddy told him scientists were scratching their heads over the SECCHI data.

well... now i guess we know why. i'm not here to make up your mind because i don't know what it is.

all i know is that it deserves your consideration.

bump if you agree.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP