Users Online Now: 2,314 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,339,151
Pageviews Today: 2,235,950Threads Today: 902Posts Today: 15,913
09:06 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject >> ELENIN IS JUST A TYPICAL COMET! WHOA! READ THIS! NO NIBIRU DOOM OR GLOOM! <<
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Comet Elenin as Nibiru is officially debunked. It's disinfo to keep us distracted from the political and geological issues going on throughout this planet right now. I know this now for sure. I hope everyone can agree. Otherwise I would really have to wonder why you're so blindly ignoring facts slapping you right in the face and would rather push outer-space-doom-n-gloom when we have oceans and lands being turned into oily and nuclear wastelands and greedy politicians and corporate overlords ass-fucking us hard with no lube, world economics crumbling, people revolting, etc.

Worried About Comet Elenin? FAQs from Ian Musgrave

[link to www.universetoday.com]

But I Can See a Picture of it in WikiSky, it’s HUGE! That is the carbon star CW Leonis.

Is Elenin a Moon of a Brown Dwarf Star? No. ( [link to astroblogger.blogspot.com] )

But Brown Dwarf Stars are so Cold, you Can’t See Them. No, coldest detected so far is ~370K (about the temperature of a hot cup of tea), the the warmest are around 2200 K, and most range between 500-1000 K. They may not produce much visible light, but they reflect light. Jupiter has a composition similar to those of Brown Dwarf stars. Jupiter’s cloud tops are a chilly 128 K and it reflects light just fine. Any Brown Dwarf in the inner solar system would be painfully obvious.

Will Going Through the Comets Tail Affect Us? No, should the rather small tail of Elenin actually pass over us, it’s doing a pretty good imitation of a vacuum (about 100 atoms per cm3). We have been through bigger and denser comet tails before with no effect whatsoever (especially the Great Comet of 1861).

Why isn’t Comet Elenin in the News? For the same reason that the other 16 comets discovered in 2010 didn’t get in the news, or the 5 comets discovered in 2011. They are all dim. The News is only interested in comets that are spectacular, readily visible to the unaided eye or are being visited by spacecraft. Comet 2009 P1 will be as bright, if not brighter than C/2010 X1 Elenin, but that’s not in the news either. Amateur and professional astronomers are watching comet Elenin and others avidly, but the news channels don’t care about our obsessions with faint fuzzies.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP