Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Debt- Call from Sen. Michael Bennet to sign Petition
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I received an email from my Colorado Senator- Michael Bennet- to sign a petition to raise the debt limit. My reply follows:

"All of you in Washington need to learn to live within your means…that means no more credit and cut spending. Because the Congress has sufficiently demonstrated that it cannot do this itself, we need a constitutional Balanced Budget Amendment that forces it to. NO DEBT CEILING INCREASE…you collectively (and yes, I mean both sides of the aisle) have spent enough. Like Ron Paul said, if debt is the problem, why do you want more of it? CUT SPENDING!

While we’re at it, we also need term limits (2 terms only each for the House, the Senate, and the Presidency) to ensure that those who serve do so out of a desire to SERVE, thus eliminating the current class of career politicians who ultimately/eventually vote in their own self-interest, not the Country’s. We need to return to a “citizen” legislature. In that spirit, we also need to NOT provide a lifetime pension for those who do serve, NOT provide a lifetime of healthcare that ordinary citizens do not have access to, and NOT allow Congress to not pay into Social Security. All legislators should return to private life satisfied with the knowledge they served their country…that’s it. They should be subject to the same healthcare options, job opportunities (or not), and retirement options that ordinary Americans enjoy (or not). They should be subject to the same laws they passed while in office, just like everyone else.

THIS is the revolution I would like to see…the people speaking at the ballot box until such time that Congress once again serves the will of the people…NOT themselves. The current system is irrevocably broken and needs a severe overhaul…THAT is change I can believe in. And if you have doubts that my dream of a Congress as envisioned by the Founding Fathers is not possible again in the future…I can only say “Wait for it…YES WE CAN”!

Comments?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP