Users Online Now: 2,020 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 631,594
Pageviews Today: 1,065,857Threads Today: 391Posts Today: 7,188
12:12 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Satellite Pics show NO Improvement in Flooding Situation At Ft. Calhoun/Cooper since June..Why is there a News Blackout?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message there's been an almost total news blackout regarding the flooding around the Nebraska Nuke plants..The last 'real' news that came out regarding the flooding that I know of came out on July 9th when this was predicted:

(snip)
"The Corps predicts that the river will eventually rise high enough to flow over some 18 to 70 levees, mostly in rural areas of southeast Nebraska, southwest Iowa and Missouri Other levees will become saturated, and water can erode their foundations, seep underneath or find other flaws to exploit."

[link to www.google.com]

Ft Calhoun and Cooper NPS are both located in SE Nebraska..

I was sort of surprised to discover that by comparing before and 'after' Satellite images that it appears the flooding hasn't gotten better at all and may have even become worse..

the pictures at the following link show just how bad the flooding was there in late June.
[link to www.cartoradiations.fr]
^^note: has not been updated since June

here's a Satellite image from June 28..

6-28(4)

and one from yesterday 8-6..

msrf8-6

6-28 enlarged..

6-28(3)

8-6 enlarged..

fl8-6

if you go though the images day by day starting from around June 23rd you'll probably see apparent inconsistencies and many days where it's showing no flooding at all

[link to ge.ssec.wisc.edu]
to go to a different day just click next day/previous
to enlarge: click 1000m (large) 250m (larger)

I think the inconsistency and missing information is done deliberately to made it harder for anyone to arrive at a definite conclusion..I had the same problem in one of my other threads where the images were blatantly altered imo

NB2

Here's the flooding forecast for the area for the next 5 days which is not looking promising imo..

flfocrst

[link to www.crh.noaa.gov]

the strange thing about that forecast imo is that it's showing no flooding in and around Omaha but massive flooding just to the N and S
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP