Users Online Now: 1,437 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 52,806
Pageviews Today: 73,511Threads Today: 17Posts Today: 344
12:38 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is Akiane a child prodigy taught by God or a fraud?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Could an 8 years old paint something like this without instructions?
[link to www.artakiane.com]

And why there is no progression from age 8 to age 16?

Also whats up with the names? Akiane in russian means ocean and her older brother's name is delfini which in russian means dolphin. They seem the kind of names new age parents would give to their children.

Here are some posts from [link to fagistan.blogspot.com]

Anonymous #1:
She may be a prodigy - but I find it strange that a self-taught artist, at that age, would observe the blues and cools in the skin tones (visible in the closeup of a hand). Kids don't see those subtleties. The proportions, the drawing - that can be done with a projector; many adults use them. Or Akiane may have developed a good hand... but the manipulation of paint is not something you're just "born with". And hello.. what's with the teeny brushes?? You use bigger brushes to block in a work that's bigger than 12" X 16" - or it's like using a Q-tip to wax a floor.
The growth in the work produced from age 8 to age 9 is too great... I've painted for many years, done art all my life... and this just looks like an adult's hand. As well, there hasn't been a significant growth from age 9 to 11. If there was such shocking growth between age 8 and 9, it would continue - she would be exploring atmospheric effects, perhaps moving into more subtle colour relationships.

Anonymous #2:
Akiane's mother Ferelli Krameric was a friend and neighbor of my mom when her family lived in coal Creek canyon, Colorado during 2002/2003. She was also associated with the Boulder Colorado "Urantia Book" Religious organization, of which my mother is a member. We believe that there are many questionable circumstances surrounding Akiane's status as a child prodigy. Firstly, her mother is a painter in very much the same vein. In fact, one of the paintings on Akiane's website is virtually identical to a piece which was hanging in their living room, and was represented to us as being created by Ferelli. Also, Ferelli was avidly searching for a model for a portrait of Jesus that SHE wanted to paint. She constantly talked about Akiane being the second coming of Christ; time traveling, unusual dreams, profetic quotes, etc. To us, the child acted and spoke as a normal seven year old kid. When her mother would conduct such rantings about the child, Akiane appeared upset and annoyed about the stories.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP