Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject READ A BOOK- DUMBASS!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've been worried about people, especially kids, not reading books anymore for a while now.

I know that it's important, I can feel it, the neuro-scientists seem to agree that the focus needed and mental exercise of reading a longer text is beneficial and frankly, Twitter rots your brain.

We all know that's true, even people that love Twitter can feel the effect.

So I decided to do something about it and asked my publisher (Orange Cat Publishing) if they'd back me in something like this. They agreed! (Yay!)

OK, so here's the deal, I think that any real push to read right now needs to come from either television, or online and that to really work it will need a "viral meme".

So I'm starting with: Read a book- Dumbass

But that may not be the actual message that get's used. Anyone have anything they'd like to lend to the cause?

I can't promise that anything will be officially used, but if it is, we'll make sure the creator gets credit for it!

*Edited to fix typo's, I often accidentally hit semi-colons instead of instead of apostrophes. I don't want people to think the person mentioning it below was totally wrong. It's a keyboard issue. (Or a finger one, depending on how you look at it.)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP