Users Online Now: 1,978 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,009,962
Pageviews Today: 1,845,307Threads Today: 603Posts Today: 13,582
05:59 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Exploring the Meaning of : The MASONIC Compass "G" and the Star of David. by Apollo
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Exploring the Meaning of : The MASONIC Compass "G" and the Star of David. by Apollo

Written by Apollo Illuminaughty,
With qoutes/credits.

I would like to lead you all into a sample of the Grand Mysteries to which every Secret Society held sacred. It has to be experienced to be believed and within the initiations there is the key to immortal life

I wish you well on this voyage unto your own blissful union, and may you discover yourself whole and unblemished before the finality and wonder we call "God"

-Apollo

Idol1

The Masonic Compass "G" and the Star of David. by Apollo

The familiar symbol of Freemasonry is the letter "G:" in the interlocked compass and square that is put upon the altar of the Temple in the first three degrees.

The compass and square used by architect workers and builders. Freemasons learn to "square their actions" and learn to "circumscribe and keep us within due bounds toward all mankind":

The Compass and Square, usually called Sun compass and Moon square are easy to understand, but how about the letter G? Its been assumed to mean both God and Geometry. It also closely resembles the spiral symbol of the Mayan Sky god and healer, Hunab Ku.

:hunabku:

Let us look at the Ark of the Covenant for clues since the study of Solomons Temple is center in Freemasonry

What did the 2 cherubim on the ark of the covenant represent?

The answer which it gives is: "The mystery of the Golden Altar" (Dumfries Ms., ca. 1799).

Thus, the union of "the two Cherubim" in the Jerusalem Temple would appear to be the ultimate source of the "mystery of the Golden Altar" in the Masonic Temple.

QOUTE:
The letter "G" (signifying God's secret Name) appears between the intertwining compass and square and is paralleled by Philo's explanation that the union of the statues in the Jewish Temple represented God's "consorting" with the soul, and his "divinizing" of the recipient. Thus the compass and square are exact symbolic equivalents of the ancient Cherubim, i.e. the ancient "Male" and "Female," whose union was the central feature of the Wisdom mystery, and which brought about the candidate's deification. But we should also compare this unique symbolism with the Divine Image itself (Gen. 1:27), which teaches that God is male and female united; hence the sacred "G" appears only when the male compass and the female square are intertwined. " (shields research. /End Qoute)

In the Mysteries, the Symbolic union of male and female being a symbol of the Great Work is both in Mystic Israel and Gnostic tradition. and European Alchemy.

Heaven and Earth is also symbolic of God and his Bride, the Yod, heh, Vav Heh of the Tetragrammaton combining the Holy Family. It is also known as As Above, So Below.

Above, the celestial things, below, the terrestrial; by the male and the female the work is accomplished. Join the male and the female and you will find what you are seeking (Aphorisms of Zosimus)

QOUTE: But before they can complete this all-important work, both must die and pass through the "nigredo" state, i.e. the death and dissolution of the body. Zosimus appropriately characterized this stage of the mystery with the image of the "priest" who is torn to pieces and mutilated before he can be resurrected and discover the "Stone of the Nile." (Shields research/End Qoute)

The Two in One is also the Star of David , its center hexagram being the nara narayana or perfect state between man and God, or God and his Bride, this reflects the superius/inferius and externis/interius,from the Gospel of Thomas ("You shall enter the Kingdom when the upper is as the lower and the outside is as the inside.")

The Rebis and the letter G being the union of the Hermaphrodite God, The Union so complete that two become ONE and Inseperable.

:alchemy1:

Squaring the circle or the G is described in I Ching.

(ca. 720-474 B.C.) the heavens is round ( the compass delineates the horizon), and the earth is square (with its "four corners").

Yahweh says in the Old Testament verses, "I will set a plumb line in the midst of my people, Israel" (Amos 7:8). . . "Judgment will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet" (Isa. 28:17). . ."And thou shalt make an altar...(that) shall be foursquare" (Ex. 27:1). . . "When he prepared the heavens, I was there; when he set a compass upon the face of the depth." (Prov. 8:27) . . . "He has described a circle upon the face of the waters" (Job 26:10)

The Letter G is the perfect Symbol of the Divine Builder mastering both the Intellect of the Above with the Wisdom Below, The Sun and the Moon in perfect Harmony, In Santa Croce Cathedral in Florence, Jesus is above the main portal holding a workers square..

The Letter G in finality is the symbol of the Great Work pictured in the Universe card of the Tarot Major. In the Evolution of the Soul, Man unites his whole self in its original immortal ovoid and finds himself complete.

-Apollo Illuminaughty.

Idol1
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP