Users Online Now: 1,646 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,487,522
Pageviews Today: 2,466,527Threads Today: 923Posts Today: 16,758
11:48 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What was the Word and it's Purpose BEFORE it became Flesh known as Jesus? Did God temporarily lose His voice?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First allow me to establish that God and the Word, while being one, are also 2 distinct entities I will point out below.

Matthew 19:17

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mark 13:32

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

So above we can very plainly see that Jesus expresses the absolute goodness of not Himself, but of His Father God. Not only that, but we also discover that Jesus lacks a certain knowledge within Himself that ONLY His Father in Heaven knows, this is clearly representing 2 seperate retained knowledges of The Father and of the Son (even if only for the duration of His Son's earthly presence)

With those things said, I would like hear from a Spirit-driven and filled Christian regarding the nature and purpose of the Word BEFORE it became Flesh, the man we know as Jesus Christ our Savior.

John 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Over and over we find in Genesis that God speaks the various elements of His creation into existence by His voice

Genesis 1:3
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Could it actually be, that this voice that God utters, IS the Word that would latter become Flesh. Is this voice that spoke creation through Words, the pre-flesh manifestation of Jesus?

And if this creation generating voice or Word, that was with God, would later become Flesh as Jesus....

Correct me by Scripture if I'm wrong but..

Does that mean that God gave up his actual voice for a temporary moment in time?
in order to give birth to a flesh Mediator that would "speak" to us in person

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

It makes perfect sense doesnt it? that the Perfect creation "life" generating voice, the Word, would become the flesh vessel to defeat "death", the wages of sin!!

God has done something truely incredible hasnt He? Please, I would love to hear Spirit driven interpretations of this, its all so ... overwhelming...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP