Users Online Now: 1,635 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 126,316
Pageviews Today: 218,813Threads Today: 69Posts Today: 1,375
02:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Bulging disk, sciatic pain down the right leg, numb foot, can't work - scared
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I moved on August 11th which must have caused the injury. That night I got a severe leg cramp in the right thigh. The cramp was so bad, I wanted to die for a minute. The next day I was in agonizing pain, from the back, down the leg.

I saw doctors that day, they diagnosed a bulging disk between L4 and L5 and gave me muscle relaxants, anti-inflamitories, and codeine. The codeine did nothing to alleviate the pain so I had to go back to the hospital the next morning after a night of agony. I insisted on oxycodone. I'm not an opiate fan, but it was needed.

Two weeks passed by in total agony. The doctors warned of depression which I have handled quite well so far. I was lucky I could walk, but I could not sit or lay down. Can't sleep walk :( I used the bare minimum of oxycodone and switched between that and the codeine. I made at least five trips to the hospital during the first two weeks. Had an x-ray which showed nothing. I need an MRI and a steroid shot in the spine.

The pain lessened after the first two weeks and stuck with the codeine and switched between that and tylenol when I could. I've been home bound and unable to work. My rent is due tomorrow and I have an overdraw of $650 in one account and $1 in my PayPal.

The pain started in my right buttocks, but spread to my thigh and then to my calve, and eventually to my foot. Now I have a numb spot in the first four toes and the ball of my foot. I feel like a cripple, which I am. I ran out of codeine several days ago and have been relying on the tylenol. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday.

I do the psychical therapy which I believe has helped. The pain is less, but still maddening. I feel like I'm loosing it mentally.

Today I feel nauseated and sick; probably due to detox from the opiates, but I can't help but worry. Is it cancer? Is it worse? Now I feel it spreading to the left leg a little and my legs feel cold. I can't work or pay rent. I have no family, lost them all to cancer. I have food for which I thank God with each bite.

I don't know what to do and now the depression is getting me.

I'm drinking vodka/cranberry tonight, haven't had a drink in months and am not an alcoholic. I'm just stir crazy and depressed and worried about money.

I need help and hope.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP