Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sumarian tablets VS. The Holy Bible
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The Sumarian tablet's and The Bible share some astonishing similarities. I don't know how to be more blunt then that. How can anyone in this world/dimension/reality believe anything they are told. How can you trust the history we have all been taught to learn, LET ALONE have faith in religion? The only thing I can see in religious people now is the inability to question anything because of their lack of logic, sense, imagination and fear of this sky bully you refer to as god. Do you have any self respect and dignity anymore? Not only am I looking into everything I can get my hands on, I am also QUESTIONING the answer's I do find. I have no hope for humanity because their to busy telling me I'm going to hell. Givin the shape this world is in,I'm the one who need's to go to make-believe hell?

Many of the similarities between Sumerian religion and the Bible can be found in the book of Genesis. In both the Sumerian story of creation and the Bible, the world is formed from “a watery abyss” and the “heavens and earth” are separated from one another by a supreme being.
In the Bible we find that god created man “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life” (Genesis 2:7) In the Sumerian story of “Enki and Ninmah”(ETCSL), you will see that they used a similar method and fashioned man out of clay. In the story “Enki and Ninhursaja” (ETCSL), we find the first possible similarity to the biblical Eve. Enki ends up eating eight different plants from the garden, which happen to be Ninhursaja’s children. When Ninhursaja finds out about this, she curses Enki. “Ninhursaja cursed the name Enki: "Until his dying day, I will never look upon him with life-giving eye" This curse causes Enki to have eight wounds on his body, one for each of the plants that he has eaten. Enlil, Enki’s brother, and a fox act on behalf of Enki. They track down Ninhursaja and have her undo the damage caused by the curse she has placed on Enki. Ninhursaja and Enki have sex, the result being eight new children being born to replace the ones that Enki has eaten. As they are born, these new children in turn each heal one of Enki’s wounds. The child that heals Enki’s rib is named Ninti."My brother, what part of you hurts you?" "My ribs (ti) hurt me." She gave birth to Ninti out of it.” Ninti is also known as the Queen of months and the lady of the rib (ti). In the book of Genesis, Eve is created by God by taking one of Adams ribs.
In The Epic of Gilgamesh, during Gilgamesh’s quest for immortality to save Enkidu, he meets a man by the name of Utnapishtim. Gilgamesh asks Utnapishtim how he gained his eternal life, Utnapishtim relates to Gilgamesh the story of the great flood. While Utnapishtim was living in the city of Shurrupak, one of the four primary Sumerian gods EA came to Utnapishtim and whispered to him that he should:

“tear down your house and build a boat, abandon possessions and look for life, despise worldly goods and save your soul alive. Tear down your house, I say, and build a boat. These are the measurements of the barque as you shall build her” (Epic of Gilgamesh pg.20)

EA then proceeds to give Utnapishtim the measurements to build the boat, and commands him to “take up into the boat the seed of all living creatures.” (Epic of Gilgamesh pg. 20) In the Story of Noah and the great flood, God comes to Noah and instructs him to build an Ark built of gopherwood. He then tells him the measurements, and instructs Noah “of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the Ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.” (Genesis 6:19). In both stories the flood is created by the gods because they are unhappy with man and that the impending flood is related to common man by a divine presence. Also in both stories they are instructed not only how to build the boat with exact dimensions, but also to bring their families and animals with them. More similarities between the two arrive later in the story, with specificity for how long the flood lasted. ”For six days and six nights the winds blew, torrent and tempest and flood overwhelmed the world, tempest and flood raged together like warring hosts. When the seventh day dawned the storm from the south subsided, the sea grew calm, the flood was stilled.” (The Epic of Gilgamesh) “Now the flood was on the earth for forty days.” (Genesis 7:17) Another similarity comes after the flood subsides, when both Utnapishtim and Noah both release not only ravens but also doves to see if the waters had dried from the earth. After this happens, both men build alters and make offerings to their God in acts of worship. There are many differences between the stories of the great flood in the book of Genesis and The Epic of Gilgamesh. However, when the similarities are pointed out between the two there is a clarity of reason about why the flood happened, the relationship between the hero of the story and their respective God, the specifics about not only how to build the ship but what to bring on it, the timed duration of the flood, the kinds of birds that were released after for their test flights for land. Even after the flood, both boats come to rest on a mountainside, instead of perhaps on a plain or valley. By examining the relationship between the two stories, even with their differences, you find that their commonalities are great. The most glaring similarity is the point by point order of these similarities throughout the stories, even though logically there are so many other possibilities, variations and alternatives.

[link to etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk]

I will add more as i get it.

Update 9/20/2011

Found a great website for the sumarian tablet translations we have avaiable. I believe this web site has the complete video collection! I have watched them alot and enjoyed them, So hope you all enjoy learning about this as well!

[link to truthisscary.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP