Users Online Now: 2,220 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,077,876
Pageviews Today: 1,798,906Threads Today: 727Posts Today: 12,969
05:39 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject C2010 /X1 IMPACT PROBABLITIES! SIMULATIONS, LINKS UNTIL SOHO ON THE 23!............ UPDATE 9/16/2011 Stereo B HI -1 shows FRAGMENT GROUP
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message ok great researchers .. why havent you found this yet...

[link to www.bautforum.com]

Read it Carefully then project it onto what you have seen.. ok .. I am not really trying to conving anybody anymore..

FROM THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!------------------------------
tony873004
Established Member

This is an interesting question, so I thought I'd set it up in Gravity Simulator to see if there's any chance of a meteor shower or storm from debris shed by Elenin at perihelion. Elenin crosses Earth's orbit on October 19, and Earth crosses Elenin's orbit 12 days later on October 31. Earth passes 4.6 million km below Elenin's orbital path. So any debris shed by Elenin at perihelion will have to have enough velocity to fall 12 days behind Elenin and travel 4.6 million km vertically. The vertical part is easy. It's got about 50 days from perihelion to the point Earth crosses its path. So it needs a velocity of about 1 km/s.

So I created 100 particles exploding from Elenin in random directions, moving away at 1 km/s. But this wasn't enough velocity to create the 12 day lag. So I pumped up the velocity. It took a velocity of 11 km/s for any particles shed from Elenin to come close to Earth. I don't know anything about the dynamics of the surfaces of comets that get superheated, but I would guess that this too high to be realistic.

The first image shows a cloud of particles fleeing Elenin as it gets superheated from the Sun at perihelion. The particles are escaping in random 3D directions at velocities of 11.5 km/s.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-------------------------GOOD NEWS OR PARAMETERS FOR CONCERN??!!------

ALSO .. [I HAD TO LOOK FOR THIS ] BUT ITS PRICLESS IF YOU HAVE KIDS!!! LOL

Problem 10 - The Comet Encke Tail Disruption Event
On April 20, 2007 NASA's STEREO satellite captured a rare impact between a comet and the fast-moving gas in a solar coronal mass ejection. In this problem, students analyze a STEREO satellite image to determine the speed of the tail disruption event.
Grade: 8 - 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topics:Time calculation; finding image scale; calculating speed from distance and time.

[link to spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov]

HERES THE ANSWER!! GOTTA MAKE SURE YOU CAN READ IT OUT IN PDA LAND

Problem 7 - If the comet's speed was about 40 km/sec and the CME speed was at least several
hundred times faster, based on your answer to Problem 6, was the comet fragment 'left behind' or
did the CME carry it off?

Answer: The speed in Problem 6 is much closer to the CME speed than the comet speed, so
the fragment was carried off by the CME and not ejected by the comet.

This collision was studied in detail by Dr. Angelos Vourlidas and his colleagues at the Naval
Research laboratory in Washington, D.C and the Rutherford Laboratory in England. They deduced
from a more careful analysis that the CME speed was about 500 km/sec and the solar wind speed
was about 420 km/sec. The tail fragment was carried off by the CME. Details can be found in The
Astrophysical Journal (Letters), vol. 668, pp L79-L82 which was published on October 10, 2007. A movie of
the encounter may be seen at the STEREO web site ( [link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov)] in their movie gallery

I hate no one , I quess Im asking .. ARE YOU SURE?

my reading list ...

[link to www.esa.int]

[link to members.westnet.com.au]

[link to www.greatdreams.com]

[link to www.spacetelescope.org]

[link to www.universetoday.com] yes agian! comments!

[link to www.miz.nao.ac.jp]

[link to www.global-rent-a-scope.com]

[link to www.elenin.info]

[link to sydneystargazers.com]

THE GOOD STUFF!! SCIENCE!!!

73P VELOCITY DISTANCE FRAGMENTS

[link to www.icq.eps.harvard.edu]

[link to www.google.com]

[link to www.scopus.com]

[link to iopscience.iop.org]

At least i gIve you something to read..

No IMAGES!!!??? NO NOT TILL THE 23 WHEN ITS SOHO ..
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP