Users Online Now: 2,107 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 492,770
Pageviews Today: 841,780Threads Today: 368Posts Today: 5,653
10:49 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Abaddon / Apollyon is the Prince of Israel who must appear first before Christ returns
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message
1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).
 Quoting: Revelation 9

1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
 Quoting: Revelation 20

Contrary to what some christians think, Abaddon/Apollyon is an Archangel of God. This is why he harms/binds Satan and all those "who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads".

He is one and the same as the 1st horseman of the apocalypse who rides the white horse and becomes king after receiving a crown from the Lamb:
1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
 Quoting: Revelation 6

Daniel described Archangel Michael as the Prince of Israel:
21 But I will tell you [Daniel] what is noted in the Scripture of Truth. No one upholds me [Gabriel] against these, except Michael your prince.
 Quoting: Daniel 10

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people [Israel]: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
 Quoting: Daniel 11

In Daniel 11, the appearance or standing up of Michael is associated with the great tribulation, and the resurrection of the dead.

This is why Abaddon/Apollyon/Michael was described in the book of Revelation as an angel who received the key to the Abyss (the dwelling place of the dead) and releases/binds there anyone he wishes.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP