Users Online Now: 1,932 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 761,980
Pageviews Today: 993,763Threads Today: 253Posts Today: 3,551
08:31 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Journey...from the dark into one's heart.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I created this thread in honor of the journey some of us have taken as we awaken.

Many of us begin to see our world through new eyes which becomes a catalyst for our quests to find answers and truths.

As we live our daily lives while on these quests, we begin to sense a longing within our hearts.

And we begin to observe that others also seem to have this longing but may not be aware of it.

We all ease this longing within our hearts in various ways. Many of us filling ourselves with people, places and things to ease this yearning for a bit but alas not quite completely. And then this longing rears its ugly head again demanding a re-fill of something, someone, anything to numb the gnawing ache.

I too have followed this path. But... there came a night, a night I will never forget, where I knew that if I took one step further into my life, I would die.

Not die, as in suicide but die as in lose myself – utterly - to the illusions I had created.

I knew instinctually I was at a turning point in my soul's journey. I had two choices continue to pretend to fit in or walk away from all that I knew. So I walked away...

And so began my journey...which is a story for another day.

Along my journey, I came across a singer, Vima Lamura. I sometimes listen to Vima's music to rest and suspend all thoughts, actions and feelings for a few moments. I have transcribed some of her song, Rhapsody, below so that you too may experience the vibration she creates.

I also threw in some videos of some of Vima's other songs. I hope they serve you well.

Which reminds me…speaking of Vima’s songs…

One day, I was hiking in a part of my trails I had never been to before. And as I searched for a song to listen to while I contemplated my life, I came across one of Vima’s songs, Initiation and began to play it. As I sat there on this rock, all of a sudden, I noticed these birds flying low over my head, back and forth, circling and singing. I thought...hmmm...that’s weird...must be the location.

About a week or so later, I was playing this song on my phone which sat on a window sill. And all of a sudden a hummingbird hovered staring at my phone seeming to listen to this song for what seemed like an eternity, in hummingbird time. I am very familiar with my hummingbirds and I have played many many songs in this fashion, never has this occurred.

So…about a month later, I went into a part of my forest I had not visited in a long while. I sat on a rock by a small pond. It was quiet except for the hum of forest life. I decided to experiment and play this song again. As I sat upon this rock, stillness fell upon this space but there were no birds visible.

As I listened I thought...bummer... I guess it was all a coincidence...when...in the last 3 minutes of the song, 5 birds suddenly flew into the trees right above the pond moving in a small tight group closer and closer to me. My breath caught in my heart as I observed them. They were unlike any other birds I had seen before. They were lovely.

And as quickly as I finished this thought, one jumped down right beside me. I froze instantly and began to speak to this little bird – which was – beautiful. He stayed with me for a few minutes, finishing the song. And then instantly all five flew off as if they were all connected to the same thought.

I later learned that these birds were Bohemian Waxwings.

I also learned that grace moves with nature in spontaneous and innocent moments. Vima's voice moves like that...

Thank you for stopping by...

I hope you enjoy the rest of the thread.

Please feel free to share your "dark night of the soul", nature stories or poems.

I will read each one.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP