Users Online Now: 2,617 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,315,158
Pageviews Today: 1,879,161Threads Today: 516Posts Today: 9,943
03:16 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Herman Cain continues to perpatrate "Godfather's Pizza" fraud (Long story but worth it)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message After getting ignored or just plain hung up on Brush,Scammity,Levininstein,and Snobbs, I figured this forum would be the perfect place to tell the truth about Herman Cain's C.E.O. job at "Godfathers Pizza".

I worked with my Father when i was in high school hanging window blinds in Apartment buildings he would bid and after school I could pick up cruising money etc. I ran into an Apartment construction manager by the name of Willie Theisen back in 1972 on a project my Dad and I had. it was a big project and my Father and I would work from 4 to midnight and later sometimes, causing us to have Willie come back and lock up the building we were working on, so I got to know him pretty well.

One night as we were locking up he was very much in a hurry and I asked him why? He said nothing kinda smiling, like someone who knows a dirty secret but doesn't want to tell you. I brushed it off and continued with this project,( it was over 900 units).

On a Saturday morning I caught Willie in the and as usual I did the talking for my Dad and I so I asked Willie if we could work till about 10pm or so to catch up with the drilling and hanging of about 75 or so curtain rods. Willie took me aside and initially he said no, he was too busy on Saturday's to come back.

I asked him jokingly if he sold weed on the side cause he had hours like a drug dealer, he laughed at that and said it was something much more lucrative and gave me a copy of the master key and his apartment address to return it that night at his apartment when we were done. I thanked him for his general trust and half jokingly told him I'd be up there at 10 or so to return the key, and would pick up my bag of weed then.

For those of you yawning stay with me it gets better.

I got to Willie's about 11 or so and when I knocked on the door the smell that came through the cracks was amazing! It smelled like my Mom's Spaghetti and Meat balls but better.

Some good looking blonde girl by the name of Candy opened the door and suggested I come in and give Willie the key myself.

It was a small apartment but smelled delicious when I got to the kitchen there was Willie with two other guys I didn't know and they were making pizza's from convection ovens and using the regular apartment stove that had two Pizza stones in them.

He had two phone lines and one of them would ring about every 4 or 5 minutes and one of the guys I didn't know, would answer the phone, write down details and say 25 minutes and hang up.

Come to find out in Omaha,on the Northwest side of 108th and "Q" street, where my Father and I were working , were three bars within, say, walking distance of Willies Apartment.

He had no furniture in there except a bed and a dresser, and one bedroom filled with various sized square boxes that had "Godfathers Pizza" stamped on top with a picture of a Mustached man in a gaudy pin striped suit and tie, holding a Thompson Sub Machine Gun.

Make no mistake about it these guys were busy! Willie asked me if I'd like to help them out answering the phone but I was shagged and even the thought of sneaking peeks all night at the shapely blonde, I politely told him I was too tired and thanks anyway,( what an ass I was).

Well a couple of days went by and I didn't see Willie at all, until late in the week when he said Hi to me and again thanked me for running the key up to him. It was Lunch time and so I sat with him with a bag lunch my Mom made me and we sat on 108th and Q street in Omaha Nebraska at Wentworth Apartments and had lunch.

He explained to me he had just given his notice and would be leaving that week's end. He also informed me he had bought the Bar closest to his house and was going to re name it "Wild Willie's". I asked him how he had gotten the idea for all this and he said that he used to make pizza's for his room mates, who thought they were the best pizza they ever had and they bugged him so much he used to throw Pizza parties to draw girls there just about every week. He knew one of the managers at the bar that he initially delivered Pizza's to, and he had just bought, and made deals with him and the other two,( all 3 wanted "Godfather's Pizza on their menu, competition I guess),and Willie went from one convection oven to 10 and was very busy from 6pm to 1am every day except Saturday's when he would serve from 11:30am to 1am.

He saved up all the money he made from that little apartment and he and his partners had bought "Wild Willies" with a bank loan and 10% down, (about 10 thousand at that time).

Someone interrupted us with a problem they or someone was having, and called Willie to help. He stood up to leave and turning he thrust his hand out to me as if to shake it but there was a piece of paper in it. he said," here, here's something for your Dad and you", as he handed me a ticket for a half priced "Godfather's Pizza", and walked away to fix whatever problem he had to fix.

I saw him about two weeks later when I brought my Mom into "Wild Willies",to have one of his creations,( My Dad was the only one on the planet who hated Pizza). It was just a small bar with wooden stools and a small area with laminated tables and chairs separated by a wooden half wall with wood lathed spirals all stained a dark Oak. Willie was there in the kitchen, which was a horizontal aluminum sqared window opening with red brick ovens behind it, making Pizza's and smiling.

I gave him my ticket and sat down to eat ,at that time, the most delicious pizza I had ever eaten. My Mother and I finished up and I caught him at the window on the way out. "Hey Willie", I asked somewhat have whisper half talk," who taught you to make Pizza's like that?" I asked, He looked at the floor a smile hitting one side of his mouth and said " don't tell anyone, but the recipe came with the first convection oven I bought from K-Mart."

Godfather's grew to 40 States and 500 or so Restaurants all under Willie's oversight.

He sold it to a food Corporation, in Nebraska, who's Board of director's was run, partially, by my best friends father.

They did not want Cain as the choice to run Godfathers. And if you look you will see that "Godfather's Pizza" took a nose dive,( Cain changed the pizza recipe and it sucks now). The only way they kept the sales up was to open more restaurants, which they did, to offset sagging sales.

My best friends Father's Corp., never did keep "Godfather's", they backed out and Cain, through his "connections", got enough money together to buy the chain so he could be C.E.O.

Cain did not build a successful company. He did graduate from college. Knew a few friends in the "hood", and used "Godfather's" as a stepping stone to other positions that he may or may not have earned.

I only know if I hear Cain and "Godfathers Pizza" C.E.O. in the same sentence again I'm going to puke.

Oh, don't worry about Willie, he now has three homes, one in the "Keys" and a 60 foot Sailing Yacht that he can only sail once his pilot get's it out of dock.
I wonder what ever happened to Candy?

RC
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP