Users Online Now: 1,150 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 184,909
Pageviews Today: 309,520Threads Today: 99Posts Today: 1,492
03:13 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin? Christian Perspective!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First off before anyone reads this! I am a christian and Jesus is my Savior! I am sorry if you don't share my beliefs and i don't mean to offend anybody! Just looking for an answer and if you are not a christian you can still read this and answer! Thank you everyone!

Is smoking marijuana a sin? First off let me tell you a little about myself! I am 22 years old and I love Jesus with all my heart, hes the reason i live and have the urge to continue to live! I am patiently waiting for his return to gather us up to be with him! Over the last 2 years of my life I made a complete U turn, basically I was clubbing 3-4 times a week, having pre-marital sex, getting smashed 3-4 times a week (goes along with the clubbing) you know basically the life that we are all told is the fun and cool life to live! I was born into the church and attended my whole life but never took it seriously at all, Just basically thought o well if this Jesus guy is real then ill just go to church once a week and be ok! I thought i was safe but was really living no better than anybody else and not being an example to others. I started smoking week at 19 years old and would say i smoke about 1-2 joints a day (usually at night cuz it relaxes me and i like to munch out lol) So basically to cut this story short, took a step back at my life and changed it! I started reading the bible for the first time in my life at 20 years old and it changed my life! I felt the spirit of god and it was the greatest feeling ever! I got baptized about 6 months ago and it was great, I always put it off because i was embarrassed of going to the front and getting baptized in front of a church attendance of around 500 people! So basically through this whole experience and even though i have been raised in the church my whole life and knew almost every story in the bible I found my newly found faith and Found Jesus my savior!

I live my life to the best of my ability and have cut off basically everything in my life that was sinful! including the hardest thing Sex! Keep in mind i am in a 4 year relationship with my girlfriend and I wasn't living as a christian for about 3 of those years! so it was very hard to cut the sex out until marriage! It was hard but it felt wrong and i knew i was sinning intentionally!

So to the question! I still smoke weed, i enjoy having a joint before bed and i dont feel like i am sinning when i am doing this at all! God created all things good and i see nothing wrong with marijuana!

pretend the media never existed, and you never heard of marijuana before! If you were to see somebody roll up this plant and smoke it would you look at them and be like o my you sinner! how could you smoke that plant! I see nothing wrong with it as long as you use it properly, the bible states nothing is wrong with it and it doesn't affect my life negative at all!

Nobody can give me a concrete answer and I am always left wondering and praying for god to let me know if this is a sin! please help! any fellow Christians out there with any thoughts on this? thank you!!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP