Users Online Now: 2,369 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,425,728
Pageviews Today: 2,057,345Threads Today: 571Posts Today: 11,121
04:44 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Recession Proof GLP: Berry leaves & berry leaf tea high in Vit. C and a natural cure for many ailments.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "Since ancient times, the leaves of the blackberry plant have been used curatively, especially throughout Europe and Asia. For example, two thousand years ago, the roman army doctor Galenos had his soldiers chew blackberry leaves to strengthen gums and build up physical resistance; today, we know it was the vitamin C and tannins in the leaves that he was counting on to boost immunity and heal wounds. Blackberry leaves have high levels of tannins and vitamin C..."

Read more:

[link to www.natural-healing-guide.com]

Teas made from all berry leaves are high in vitamin C, tannins and trace minerals and are claimed to have healing properties for many ailments such as flu, colds, skin rashers, diarrhea, and many more. When tshtf and your bottles of vitamins run out berry leaf teas will be a good source of vitamin C & trace minerals besides ability to cure many ailments.

You can also just chew the leaves fresh for same benefits. If you bug out to the mountains wild blackberry, raspberry, strawberry and loganberries are everywhere! I avoid any leaves that have marks of any kind though.

I've been using them for several years and have wild blackberries, wild loganberries, wild raspberries and wild strawberries growing in the woods near by. I use the green leaves in spring, summer & fall for tea and then also dry them for winter use. The garden varieties, such as the strawberries growing in your garden, can also be used.

I also add some of the berries to the tea. After I pick the berries I lay them out on a cookie sheet and stick in freezer for a couple hours. I then put them in containers to freeze. This way they won't stick together when frozen separately.

Here's some other links on berry teas & other teas:

[link to www.backwoodshome.com]

[link to www.mountainroseherbs.com]

[link to journeytocrunchville.wordpress.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP