Users Online Now: 2,212 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,187,761
Pageviews Today: 1,663,837Threads Today: 459Posts Today: 8,337
01:32 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How long will these japan "Aftershock" quakes last?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I know that big quakes like the japan 9.0 have plenty of aftershocks, but to me it seems this quake has produced more aftershocks than other quakes of the similar magnitude. Also the intensity(magnitude) of these quakes does not seem to be dropping. Just about every day we see about 2-3 of these quakes ranging from 4.5 to nearly 6.0. It has been almost 7 months now from the quake and i would like to ask anyone that is more knowledgable on the subject of earthquakes.

What i mean is, is it normal for this many aftershocks to occur and for so long?

Does anyone know where to find any other good info on other quakes of the same magnitude(duration of aftershocks and intensity)? Does any of the other quakes like the 9.0 correspond to the amount of aftershocks this quake has produced?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP