Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Krauthammer: "All of modern physics is wrong"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I don't agree with Charles Krauthammer's political POV, but I give him credit for telling some uncomfortable truths in his latest op-ed piece which discusses the CERN "discovery of a particle that can travel faster than light." He points out the enormity of the ramifications of the discovery not only for physics, but for all of standard cosmology.

Krauthammer observes, "...Einstein’s relativity — a theory of uncommon beauty upon which all of physics has been built for 100 years — is wrong. Not just inaccurate. Not just flawed. But deeply, fundamentally, indescribably wrong.

It means that the 'standard model' of subatomic particles that stands at the center of all modern physics is wrong.

Nor does it stop there. This will not just overthrow physics. Astronomy and cosmology measure time and distance in the universe on the assumption of light speed as the cosmic limit. Their foundations will shake as well."

The article in full may be read here:
[link to www.washingtonpost.com]

Given the valid skepticism Krauthammer is expressing toward the standard cosmology, I'm hoping someone will at least point him in the direction of an alternative, like this:

An Essential Guide to the Electric Universe, an introduction:

[link to www.thunderbolts.info]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP