Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Military Strangeness
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi everyone. I very rarely post anything. I much prefer to sit back, read and let all of you keep me entertained. However with that being said, I have been noticing some things that have been bothering me and I'm wondering if anyone else has been having similar experiences.

It started about several months ago. I work in a large retail distribution center here in the south, and almost everyone I work with has family in the military. Mostly infantry, some marine moms and several with sons and daughters in all branches of the service. Anyway, about several months ago, two co workers who are in the marines were called up. Both of them were not told where they were going. Shortly after, two other co workers, one in the navy and one in the national guard, were sent on 'drills' and have not returned yet. That happened at least two months ago. This has been on going for months. Co workers both active and non active have been called up with no word as to why or where they were going.

The oddest experience happened about three weeks ago. I was hanging out with a close friend who is in the army. We were sitting watching tv, drinking and just talking about life in general. We were watching terminator of all things, and during the scene where Kyle tells Sarah that time is running out, my friend looked at me and said time is indeed much shorter than people think. I asked him wtf he was talking about and he said he wished he could tell me but it was better that I didn't know. He got really depressed and didn't say much afterward but the way he looked really stuck with me. I've known this guy for 20 years and he's not one to let things get to him. Nor is he one to frighten easily.

Last night, I came back from my days off, and we had another co worker, this one in the national guard, suddenly called off for no apparent reason. Normally I wouldn't think anything about it, but I talked to another friend, who has a daughter in the navy and she told me her daughter just got shipped out to the Middle East. She said her daughter sounded frightened and only said "I wont be able to tell you where I'm going, but just keep watching the news. If anything goes down I'll try to get you a message."

Last night was the clincher for me. Now I'm wondering just what the hell is going on.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP