Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The christian debacle.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Alright Christians, it is time that I have made this thread...

Let me get this straight...

You chose to worship a God that is supposedly all knowing, timeless, all powerful, and unconditionally loving. Am i right?

So cmon, let's do a little rundown, shall we?

God resides in heaven with other heavenly beings. (Heaven is HIS creation along with every being there.) He knows everything about them, and what they will do. (see: all knowing and timeless) While he's coolin' on the throne in heaven, his brightest and most badass angel, Lucifer, decides "I can be better than God, and this place is quite boring, to be honest!" So he and his goons are kicked out of heaven by God. (Cause that makes sense, if you're all powerful and know what Lucifer will do) Also ask yourself why would lucifer who KNOWS god and SEES him in his full glory in heaven would rationalize such an action. Surely he is not that stupid.

Meanwhile, God decides to create beautiful Earth (yay!) He creates the garden of Eden and decides to create mankind who is in his image. Remember, he is all knowing, timeless, and powerful. So he creates this perfect little garden with no evil, sin, lying, or anything negative. What a quaint little petting zoo. He also warns them of the tree of knowledge (of good and evil, oh, intriguing!) He boldly says, "dont eat of the tree for you will surely die!" Some time passes by, and here comes satan/lucifer/serpent. Comes up to eve and hes like, well if you eat it, you will gain knowledge like god and it wont be so quite boring here. Infact, you will have choice! (does that sound like free will?)

So then god finds out that for the first time EVER humans do something that is not HIS wish (free will, gods will..? which is it?" He gets rather displeased and kicks them out of Eden. And also curses the serpent to crawl on the ground (that makes no sense either) "How dare that "evil" snake give them choices besides my own!"

He quickly comes to find out that once humanity knows of good and evil, they start doing all kinds of choices and facing consequences. After sometime he decides to "save" humanity, so he comes down to earth as his son, Jesus, also himself. Jesus does his thing, gets crucified, and dies for all of our sins (choices against gods will)

This whole time God decides that he's not gonna reveal himself anymore, thus giving no reason for anyone to believe in him, besides heresay and a book.

So, basically, you wish to believe that this perfect timeless being gets mad at his own creations, (even though he created them as they are and knows what will happen in his creation) and sends them into eternal damnation if they do not believe in his suicide/sacrifice. He gives you free will, but will kill you forever if you chose to use it.

Please, what is the point of judging your own creations, and then sending them to ETERNAL damnation for the choices they have made for their measly short stint here on earth? What's the other choice, Heaven where its always light, streets of gold, angels sing, and nothing bad ever happens? You think you're gonna have mansions or something? How exciting...

What is the point of God's little creation experiment? He sounds like a sadistic psychopath who is doing this for his amusement. He is either not all knowing, or he does NOT love you unconditionally! Saying "you will have eternal life, unless you dont believe/do what i say" IS NOT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!

Imagine this scenario. You have a child... He gets older and decides to abandon you and runs away. Years later you come across him and he is poor and sick laying on the street. He doesnt remember you and tells you to leave him be and he doesnt believe that you are his father. What do you do to your son? Kill him, torture him, abuse him? How about all of those, for eternity?

Yeah, he sure does love you ;) Christianity makes absolutely no sense. And if it is indeed true, i do not wish to worship a god who will judge me for my actions and will put me in hell for eternity even though he has never given me a reason to love him.

If you say "he created you, thats reason enough" you're misguided. That's like saying a father who has a kid then leaves him to fend for himself at birth with a note that says, "believe in me, if you dont, i will kill you" is a good father. get a grip maroons.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP