Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Why Christianity is not the Answer for Ritual Abuse Survivors
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Because I am a ritual abuse survivor, I hear a lot about how Christianity has 'saved' and 'given hope' to 'so many' other ritual abuse survivors. How it's the answer to their misery and their pain.

There are a lot of reasons why this is not true.

I'll start on the first one for now, and get into some of the other reasons why Christianity is really just as big a problem from an abusive standpoint later.

Reason number one, and probably the most important one, is the whole teaching from Christianity about how humans are inherently bad/evil/sinners/etc.

The main practice of abuse is making the abuse out to be the fault of the person who is being abused. So, for example, I saw some children be killed and others raped or beaten. I was told that they were being harmed because of my personal failure.

This is a standard issue punishment/brutality used on abuse victims.

This mentality of "it's your fault" and "you are bad" is actively reflected in Christianity in multiple ways. One is, as I stated, simply the basic premise. We must be "saved".

How?

Someone has to die because of us. That's the first gross abuse. Someone was killed, and it's all your fault. Someone suffered horrific abuse, and it's all your fault.

The basic premise of Christianity is that. And it is the SAME premise upon which a significant portion of the abuse of ritual abuse is predicated: others are abused because you are bad.

Therefor the basic premise of the christian religion underscores this brutal suppression of the victim's right to feel worthwhile, acceptable, worthy, loveable. It suppresses the natural right we all have not to be made to feel that our very existence forces suffering upon others (even one other).

Anyway, that's the first and probably deepest issue with trying to save victims--ANY victims, with christianity. Because victimization often includes this "it's your fault" aspect. Christianity supports that terrible lie.

But it takes it beyond "it's your fault because you are bad" or "because you disobeyed" and makes it into the very fact of your existence and your humanity makes you evil and just being BORN made Jesus have to suffer and die.

Beyond the level of wrongdoing, it takes it to the level of our personal EXISTENCE (which we do not control as human beings) being BAD.

But, as I'll discuss tomorrow, that's just the tip of the iceberg in how christianity actually exacerbates, not improves, the painful condition of people who have suffered such horrific abuses.

Hopefully by the time I am finished with explaining the various ways in which this religion worsens the mental state of ritual abuse victims, people will begin to stop trying to 'save' abuse victims by telling them that they're bad people and going to be burned and tortured (as if they haven't already!).

I doubt it. But slim hope is some hope, I suppose.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP