Users Online Now: 1,167 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 360,168
Pageviews Today: 475,889Threads Today: 153Posts Today: 2,080
04:10 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject went away for 9 days, came back 8 weeks later..
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message gday glp'rs.

back on 29th August 2011, I went away with my hospitality agency to work at the Birdsville hotel for the Birdsville races week. Birdsville is at the bottom end of queensland, and at the start of the simpson desert, and near the borders of South Australia and the Northern Territory. I went last year for the first time (my agency's 3rd time) to work at pub through the races in the outback, and the rain came in on friday arvo, and flooded the area surrounding the tiny town, with nearly 4thousand campers in the flatlands and camping grounds washed out. The police locked all 8 roads out of Birdsville for the next 4 days, and the main cup carnival was cancelled. AmaZing time working the pub during these 4 days!!

On my second day there this year, my boss's asked me if I would like to go down to Innamincka, 600k's down into South Australia (still part of the Outback loop, and the pubs/motels owned by same peoples) and work at housekeeping and kitchen dishes for a few weeks. 3 weeks down there became 7 and 3/4 weeks, before I was allowed to leave, and finally found a flight home, eventually returning to Birdsville to catch the same plane I came in on, as the prefered way, from Innamincka to Moomba (a mining camp an hour away) was blocked due to all the miners going home. That would have flown me to Adelaide, the back to Brisbane or the Gold Coast, so an alt route had to be found. Skytrans leaves Birdsville at 11.45am (tues and thur) and lands in Brisbane at 5.30, after stoping down 5 times for fuel stops/passanger/mail stops. But I love the dehaviland dash 8-100 ; ))

I left on Monday 28th aug at 9am from brisbane airport, and returned to brisbane airport at 5.30pm Tuesday 25 October!

I had no mobile network from when I left Brisbane in late August, till when I arrived back home late October, (last Tuesday night, 25th October 2011), and very little internet access. I did have access to the pub computer a few times, but with expensive sattelite net access, and although free for staff, it was a quick in and out for mail and fb.. lol.. I did catch up with glp a few times, once when I felt compeled to, and found the early news that Ninzrez had cut her leg badly!! And and when a tremour happened in Adeliade a few weeks back... but I had an amaZing time in an outback tourist town of only 15, then 12 when I left after the nearly 8 weeks, and the pleasure of going to Birdsville twice in one year (population of 110-120).

anyway, I'm back now, after a few computer issues. I don't dare try to catch up with 8 weeks of glp!! So look forward to going on with what happenes from now.

watching, and always wondering

stay safe

netta :P
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP