Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Christian convince me I'm wrong...Please
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message OK Look it all comes down to God's choice NOT ours, and that is His sovereignty.

Below are 2 versions of the same verses out of Romans Ch9...

You may not like it, Christians may not want to deal with it...

But here it is in black and white...

I have no problem with it, as Abraham says to God "Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?

The Scriptures Say:
And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac,

11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of them who calls—

12 she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”

13 As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means!

15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion,2 but on God, who has mercy.

17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, y“For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”

18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?”

20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”

21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump done vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?

22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,

23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory—

24 even us whom he has called, not from the jewish people only but also from the Gentiles?

9For this is what the promise said, About this time [next year] will I return and Sarah shall have a son.

10And not only that, but this too: Rebecca conceived [two sons under exactly the same circumstances] by our forefather Isaac,

11And the children were yet unborn and had so far done nothing either good or evil. Even so, in order further to carry out God's purpose of selection (election, choice), which depends not on works or what men can do, but on Him Who calls [them],

12It was said to her that the elder [son] should serve the younger [son].

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated (held in [a]relative disregard in comparison with My feeling for Jacob).

14What shall we conclude then? Is there injustice upon God's part? Certainly not!

15For He says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will have compassion (pity) on whom I will have compassion.

16So then [God's gift] is not a question of human will and human effort, but of God's mercy. [It depends not on one's own willingness nor on his strenuous exertion as in running a race, but on God's having mercy on him.]

17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, I have raised you up for this very purpose of displaying My power in [dealing with] you, so that My name may be proclaimed the whole world over.

18So then He has mercy on whomever He wills (chooses) and He hardens (makes stubborn and unyielding the heart of) whomever He wills.

19You will say to me, Why then does He still find fault and blame us [for sinning]? For who can resist and withstand His will?

20But who are you, a mere man, to criticize and contradict and answer back to God? Will what is formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?

21Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same mass (lump) one vessel for beauty and distinction and honorable use, and another for menial or ignoble and dishonorable use?

22What if God, although fully intending to show [the awfulness of] His wrath and to make known His power and authority, has tolerated with much patience the vessels (objects) of [His] anger which are ripe for destruction?

23And [what if] He thus purposes to make known and show the wealth of His glory in [dealing with] the vessels (objects) of His mercy which He has prepared beforehand for glory,

24Even including ourselves whom He has called, not only from among the jewish people but also from among the Gentiles (heathen)?

The scriptures say:

"Those destined to salvation believed".

"All the father has given me will come".

"NO ONE can come to me UNLESS, the father draws them"

There are many more verses like this... BUT the bottom line is this: We believe because we are saved. NOT the other way around.

Who will the father draw? Will he draw those who will NOT come because of their free will? NO! God is not stupid, and would not waste his time drawing those who would not come, and if God chooses to draw someone can can God then fail in this effort? No...Man and religion has twisted truth, into doctrines.

The father will draw those who are destined to salvation...The bible says: "HE added daily to those in the church". those who were being saved". Each man in his own time (timing)...

God did everything to reveal himself to man, when its over he rolls it up like a scroll and builds something new...

The garden was not an accident, Adam and Eve, and the fall were part of the plan...

No fall no revealing of the man Jesus...

Just think it thru, forget all that "Free will nonsense"...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP