Users Online Now: 1,547 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 467,779
Pageviews Today: 622,909Threads Today: 89Posts Today: 2,404
03:48 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ten years ago today, I buried my mother...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I can't believe that it has been ten years. She was only 46. I won't go into details about the nature of her death, because I don't want this to be a depressing post. The reason for this post, is that I want to see how you of GLP, who have lost someone dear to you, remember them.
I have a couple of things that I do, but I'll share this one, since we are in November now:

My mother made Christmas magical! She made awesome candies and cookies, she decorated the house, from rooftop to foundation (not in a tacky way!).

I have been handed the Christmas cookie torch, by my maternal grandmother. They were a "sacred" part of the festivities and I think it makes her happy to see her daughter's tradition live on. The beautiful part of this is, my mom used to make them in honor of her maternal grandmother. My mom didn't even start baking them until Granny Rose passed away. She used her grandmother's recipe, and now, I do.

I still miss her immensely, but keeping this history and tradition alive really makes me happy.
I realize how blessed I am, to have had a woman like her, as an influence.

What are some of the ways you remember your loved ones?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

News