Users Online Now: 1,623 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 381,636
Pageviews Today: 612,852Threads Today: 189Posts Today: 3,631
07:46 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ???????Does Illinois pay a grandmother $1,500 per month per child to be the foster parent to her eight grandchildren?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.factcheck.org]

Q: Does Illinois pay a grandmother $1,500 per month per child to be the foster parent to her eight grandchildren?

A: No. State officials have no record of such a case, and state law would not allow it. This second-hand story spread by a Danville urologist isn’t true.

Bread Winner… Making Babies!

I was speaking to an emergency room physician this morning. He told me that a woman in her 20s came to the ER with her 8th pregnancy. She stated, "my momma told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."

He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money for the family. The scam goes like this: The grandma calls the Department of Child and Family Services and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for these children. DCFS agrees and states that the child or children will need to go to foster care. The grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and thus receives a check for $1500 per child per month in Illinois. Total yearly income: $144,000 tax-free, not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid) plus a monthly card entitling her to free groceries, etc, and a voucher for 250 free cell phone minutes per month. This does not even include WIC and other welfare programs. Indeed, grandma was correct in that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.

This is how the ruling class spends our tax dollars.

Sebastian J. Ciancio, M.D. Urologist, Danville Polyclinic, LTD

And these will be eight more votes for a liberal government!

FULL ANSWER

The e-mail was written by Dr. Sebastian J. Ciancio, a urologist who practices in Danville, Ill. He told us he wrote it sometime in July to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh based on a second-hand report from an emergency-room physician he declined to name. "I really only know what the patient told the ER physician as reported to me through that physician," Ciancio said in an e-mail to us. We asked to speak with the doctor, and Ciancio told us he passed along our request. But we have not heard from this physician.

In his e-mail to Limbaugh, Ciancio relays the story of a grandmother in Illinois who he claims is the foster parent to her eight grandchildren and receives $1,500 per child per month for a total of $144,000 a year. The story is simply false. Illinois Department of Children and Family Services spokesman Jimmie Whitelow told us that no such case exists in the state’s system.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP