Users Online Now: 1,959 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 861,731
Pageviews Today: 1,479,004Threads Today: 579Posts Today: 10,685
04:26 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I have a serious question....(atheists...christians...ANYONE) is welcome and I want to know opinions from everyone
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First thing I am going to say is
1.) This will be typed out in the most "easy to read" format I can type it in.

2.) If you are willing, please read this post to the end.

3.) If you have a thought to add please post it.

So here is the first part of my post:

How I would define the idea of a God....entails a lot. Here is my best summary of what I would think. First off, the idea of God usually entails a list of ideas that all apply towards our earth, ground, sky, politics, grass, trees, animals, space, planets occupying space....reality in general....even ourselves as a physical body, with a consciousness contained inside of that body to interpret and sense these ideas of "reality" listed above....and God would be the one that either "created it" or "hold's it all together"...maybe even both....but that is the idea of God, if we break down the thought.

Now I want to explain the "hold it all together" part of this thought....if me, or you reading this, could create a little "snow globe" (the kind you shake up and twist a little knob for music) kind of snow globe. But, inside of this snow globe is your created reality....everything in it is yours....and you are the creator of it. Imagine this for a second please....now that "snow globe" and everything in it created by you, would have to contain your "thoughts" that made it...and it would all have to tie backward to those "ideas" that made it in your mind.....so now whatever it is that might be in there, or will be in there...even what is going on in there (there is the snow globe) came from your "thoughts" that happened when you first "created" it....so to explain "hold it all together" would be this same idea.....to literally be the being that keeps an "earth" spinning around a "sun" and temperature....climate.....wars with nations....political battles....famines....EVERYTHING....would be "held together" by you and your thought. That would be God. That is the idea of God in any religion....or lack of religion....even "chaos" itself turns into a form of a "god" with this thought.

Here is part number 2:

This may sound "off topic" at first, but hear me out. Who here, in their lifetime, has helped somebody out...maybe giving a ride when you didn't want to...sacrificing your computer for a minute so your brother can do something....maybe even loaning money to someone....doesn't matter. LOL...I could go as far as saying helping someone do their homework...whatever....what is the feeling you get when you do it? It is tiring, there is tons of thoughts in your mind saying what you would rather do. It is just like going to work everyday and despising it...all you wanna do is go home.

This isn't the point though....the point is what the emotion in your mind is while you do these things....it is a tiring emotion, it's not fun. The reward doesn't happen right away, or at all sometimes.....but you keep "working". So the "emotion" or "feeling" im describing is the one you get when you work...when you put effort into something and disregard yourself....it sucks, it's tiring, it's an "emotion" in the brain.

The amazing part of this is that, if you dig deep into that "thought" or "feeling" of not wanting to do whatever it is you're doing, there is a reward happening at the same moment. You ARE being fed during the process...otherwise we would drop dead when we tried to help people. Just like when you breathe in a breath of air...it gives you life.

Here is the point of all of this:

Now that I have explained my idea of "God" my idea of "creating" and my idea of "conscious life" I have a question.

What if, there was a God....and He worked this same way? He constantly put his "breath" in us....He constantly helped us with our "homework". He constantly used himself to "hold this all together". Our life, our opinions, our free will, our religions, our philosophers, our lack of religion, even our consciousness to experience it. What if that was the truth? What could we possibly say, or do? Then He came here and explained it all? To the point that we all understood what it takes? We could say....well what about these wars?!?! What about these crazy evil people that murdered so many of us?!?! What about the work WE have done? He could say back.....that was my eternal life....giving you life....then it was you and the life I gave you doing these things.

Atheist, agnostic, Christian, it doesn't matter....everyone in the end would agree that love is the correct thing to do, right?

What if giving love meant the same thing....it is work, you expend yourself....it doesn't feel good...and the reward is not noticed, sometimes not even there at all. But, you gave the love, and someone else benefited? Would you do that?

Most people will give love, and they do well at it....but what if those people stopped getting the "feel good" reward when doing it....would they continue? That is true love....and that is my question.

What do you think? How do you feel about this idea? Are you willing to agree? Are you willing to disagree? Are you willing to explain why? Is my hypothetical idea a trick question? If so, awesome! More insight is better....I haven't even said how I feel whe it comes to an idea of God....I'm just asking a solid question, one of the many thoughts that broke me out of my shell.....please give me an idea of how you feel.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP