Users Online Now: 2,079 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,111,352
Pageviews Today: 2,852,854Threads Today: 712Posts Today: 13,597
11:36 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Extreme Geo Electrical Event Occuring Now !!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to sprg.ssl.berkeley.edu]

The Earth is currently under an intense Geo Electrical Event. Highly Energetic protons from the Sun are inducing the East West Planetary current creating a negative change to the Dst index.

[link to www.n3kl.org]

The X'ray component spiked briefly causing the X class flare alert underway now and the proton energy count from the Sun is steadily rising. Solar wind speed, temperature and density are in normal ranges.

From the DST Website explanation

The Dst is a geomagnetic index which monitors the world wide magnetic storm level. It is constructed by averaging the horizontal component of the geomagnetic field from mid-latitude and equatorial magnetograms from all over the world. Negative Dst values indicate a magnetic storm is in progress, the more negative Dst is the more intense the magnetic storm. The negative deflections in the Dst index are caused by the storm time ring current which flows around the Earth from east to west in the equatorial plane. The ring current results from the differential gradient and curvature drifts of electrons and protons in the near Earth region and its strength is coupled to the solar wind conditions. Only when there is an eastward electric field in the solar wind which corresponds to a southward interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) is there any significant ring current injection resulting in a negative change to the Dst index. Thus, by knowing the solar wind conditions and the form of the coupling function between solar wind and ring current, an estimate of the Dst index can be made.

[link to sprg.ssl.berkeley.edu]

It's effect appears to induce fatigue when outdoors, it's really knocking me around. I had to come inside and found this event on my Earth monitoring favourites. No wonder I feel like shit.
1dunno1
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

News