Users Online Now: 2,213 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,227,627
Pageviews Today: 2,046,630Threads Today: 807Posts Today: 14,077
08:25 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Some of my thoughts on the life of Jesus. :)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message His Sacrifice

I guess first of all. I dont think he was sacrificed like an animal sacrifice to take on the karma earned by sinners. Like they used to when someone screwed someone elses wife or whatever, kill a lamb or somthing and that was spose to make it better.
{it was only better for the guys who sold the animals in the first place, and those who got the animals afterwords slaughtererd and cooked.}

Voodoo cults are still sacrificing innocent animals to gain the favors of dark gods. My God does not ask for these things.

I think Jesus sacrificed to tell us the Truth. To End Demonic rituals like that, and other crap. And yes they strung him up on the cross for it. Its no little thing. He could have run off and lived a quiet happy life, but he did what he did, and suffered for the 'sinners' he 'saved' from some of the hell back then.

- - -

When I hear about the bread and the fishes,, I get the image of a crowd of people. Some had food to eat on them and others didnt. Some had food for days, and others only faith.

I imagine Jesus taking what he had, eating some and putting the rest in the basket and passing it on, without thought for what he might save to feed himself the next day. Then each person as the basket came to them. The ones with nothing would eat. But those with food would eat what they needed and put the rest in the basket. And all together they had plenty.

I dont think this was any less of a 'miracle', than the way most think of it. But it was a miracle of spirit. Many of the people had been hording up what they had to feed themselves in the uncertain future. And now they unselfishlly gave it up, for the good of the group. Jesus inspired that in them.

- - -

The Water and the Wine.

I read the Bible through once, and some of the 'apocripha' (or whatever its called)

I cant remember where, but I thought I remembered that as a child or young person somewhere, Jesus ran into some empty wine urns. They were empty to people's use, because all the wine had been drank off, but the sludge was still there in the bottom. The sludge of the wine and the yeast, that wouldnt pour off as liquid. It was a muddy sludge they just left in there.

I thought I read Jesus used to fill those 'empty' urns with water and shake them up, then drink the mixture. It wasnt exactly like wine, but it was good. juicy and yeasty. yeast is good for you.

Now, my memory is not all that good, I could have imagined I read this, it was a vague memory.

But I think this is what Jesus did with the Water and the Wine miracle. He just filled the 'empty' wine urns, with the sludgy stuff still in them and shook them up, and his followers then had this wonderfull drink to drink. Better for you than real wine.

- - -

The Crucifiction / Reserection

Now, I dont know this of course, but I think when Jesus was on the cross God may have helped him pass out earlyer than he might have, so he looked dead. And to help him survive wounds and trauma that would otherwise have killed him. And even to have influenced the soldiers to take the cross down earlyer than they otherwise would have. And not worry so much about if he was still breathing and things.

I think Jesus may have physically survived the crucifiction. And lived on to teach others his works.

Now this is what I think. It would explain people seeing him afterwords, But that to my way of thinking could be explained by his showing up thru others in his 'dreams'. But I still think this is most likely.

- - -

Now, I hope you dont get me wrong. I believe in God. I believe I am a close friend of God. But my God is not Omnipotent. My God struggles with this world and its demons just like the rest of us. My God can do what are miracles to us, but has its limits. This world is not what my God wants it to be. It may be some day, But my God does not allow one innocent child to die in a bus crash. This and other tragedies happen inspite of all God can do, because, there is so much trouble in the world, it can not all be dealt with.

Heaven might be a description of what life could be on Earth.

May the Kingdom of Heaven Come. To Earth.

yoda
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP